Stupid people!

Reaction score
I've been watching youtube videos and besides the fact that every vlog on YouTube is a ripped off poorly edited Casey neistat vlog. I'm seeing all these 'I lost my drone' videos and these people are just idiots. Take this guy for example,
. He looses his p4 and he doesn't have a clue what to do. He wants people to feel sorry for him because he lost his drone and donate to buy him a new one. He thru a little tantrum and tossed the rc in the water. I just cant for the life of me understand why anybody would spend over a thousand dollars on a piece of equipment and not even glance at the manual or have any idea what they are doing or what to do if something goes wrong. He didn't loose his p4, he left it cause its exactly where it says it is and then tossed his only hope for retrieval into the water. The guy flying the other quad didn't know what to do either. These idiots have no idea what to do when they loose video. They have no idea how to navigate home when they loose video. They don't have any idea how to set it up or what does what in the settings. I guess some people can afford to loose $1000 but I **** sure can't. I wonder how many quads are just left because the idiots at the controls dont have any idea what to do when it lands away from them? Sorry for my rant. I just needed to vent that.

I just don't get it. My p4 ain't leaving the ground without me knowing how to get it back. So many of these videos with lost quads are 90% preventable and recoverable. Nobody even notices the little map in the corner and they couldn't tell you what its for if they did. Maybe they should require some type of class before they just give any idiot a quad. Dji wouldn't sell near as many quads if they did though. I bet 25% of quads are lost or destroyed in the first few flights. I know that not just anybody can purchase a jet turbine engine for model aircraft. You have to prove that you know what you are doing before the sale. Most people should not make a p3 or a p4 your first quad. You should seriously know how to fly something you can afford to destroy first. I went through many toy quads before I stepped up to a p4. You asking for trouble if you attempt to fly a p3\p4 without having piloted a quad before. Its just not smart. They see someone else fly soon certainly they can do it to. No experience, no problem!

I've been watching youtube videos and besides the fact that every vlog on YouTube is a ripped off poorly edited Casey neistat vlog. I'm seeing all these 'I lost my drone' videos and these people are just idiots. Take this guy for example,
. He looses his p4 and he doesn't have a clue what to do. He wants people to feel sorry for him because he lost his drone and donate to buy him a new one. He thru a little tantrum and tossed the rc in the water. I just cant for the life of me understand why anybody would spend over a thousand dollars on a piece of equipment and not even glance at the manual or have any idea what they are doing or what to do if something goes wrong. He didn't loose his p4, he left it cause its exactly where it says it is and then tossed his only hope for retrieval into the water. The guy flying the other quad didn't know what to do either. These idiots have no idea what to do when they loose video. They have no idea how to navigate home when they loose video. They don't have any idea how to set it up or what does what in the settings. I guess some people can afford to loose $1000 but I **** sure can't. I wonder how many quads are just left because the idiots at the controls dont have any idea what to do when it lands away from them? Sorry for my rant. I just needed to vent that.
unbelievable what an idiot throws the controller in the drink. what a baby.

I know that not just anybody can purchase a jet turbine engine for model aircraft. You have to prove that you know what you are doing before the sale.

Can you cite your source for this?

How do you satisfy the second sentence above?

I also am interested in the basis for this claim- my understanding is that anyone may purchase a turbine engine, the only limitation I am aware of is that you can't flly at most club fields (and won't be insured) if you haven't demonstrated competence in the performance of certain prescribed manoeuvres and been signed off by a qualified instructor.

Reactions: N017RW

I'm not exactly sure. I use to be into hobby nitro trucks and somebody came in the hobby store I frequented trying to by a jet turbine engine and they wouldn't sell it without some kind of ama registration card and you had to be an experienced hobby pilot before they would sell it. It may just be an ama thing. I really don't know.

That may have been store policy but their sale and possession is not regulated in the USA.

Reactions: Duchunter
And that was when the Traxxas Revo had just come out so about 10 years ago I suppose.

That may have been store policy but their sale and possession is not regulated in the USA.
I'm really not sure why they required proof of competence. That was not to long after 9/11 so that may have had something to do with it.

Maybe they just didn't want the guy to come back in a couple of days with turbine pieces claiming the turbine failed or whatever. They were pretty **** about selling me a t-maxx. They went through this long speech about how it wasn't a toy and that it was a hobby and it would tear up, blah, blah, blah, whatever.

As WTB eluded to, they are (highly) regulated at AMA sanctioned events. I just completed 99.9% of an online purchase with no need to prove anything. I bailed before adding $2500 to my credit card!

Reactions: Duchunter
I hate it but this is exactly why the powers that be are working for tighter rules and regulations. Of course for those of us that are careful and learn our UAVs and follow common sense it gets hard to understand why this rule is made that rule is made.. Right here is why. Idiots.
These UAVs are not toys and people try to operate them like they are toys.

I just don't get it. My p4 ain't leaving the ground without me knowing how to get it back. So many of these videos with lost quads are 90% preventable and recoverable. Nobody even notices the little map in the corner and they couldn't tell you what its for if they did. Maybe they should require some type of class before they just give any idiot a quad. Dji wouldn't sell near as many quads if they did though. I bet 25% of quads are lost or destroyed in the first few flights. I know that not just anybody can purchase a jet turbine engine for model aircraft. You have to prove that you know what you are doing before the sale. Most people should not make a p3 or a p4 your first quad. You should seriously know how to fly something you can afford to destroy first. I went through many toy quads before I stepped up to a p4. You asking for trouble if you attempt to fly a p3\p4 without having piloted a quad before. Its just not smart. They see someone else fly soon certainly they can do it to. No experience, no problem!
Tend to agree with you, I flew and crashed a variety of planes, helos, quads etc for ten years before getting my first phantom. I was in the local RC shop in town getting a few spares when a guy standing next to me was holding a high end Blade SR controller and was asking for the helo that came with it. The salesman looked surprised, so I asked what happened and the chap replied that he was out flying in one of the bigger parks in town and lost sight of his copter so he simply got in his car and came straight to the shop. I asked if he was concerned about the consequences of losing control and the possibility of it coming down over the local houses and he replied that no he wasn't worried as there were no way he could be traced back to it. He would simply buy another copter and fly somewhere else.
They live amongst us..

W
Tend to agree with you, I flew and crashed a variety of planes, helos, quads etc for ten years before getting my first phantom. I was in the local RC shop in town getting a few spares when a guy standing next to me was holding a high end Blade SR controller and was asking for the helo that came with it. The salesman looked surprised, so I asked what happened and the chap replied that he was out flying in one of the bigger parks in town and lost sight of his copter so he simply got in his car and came straight to the shop. I asked if he was concerned about the consequences of losing control and the possibility of it coming down over the local houses and he replied that no he wasn't worried as there were no way he could be traced back to it. He would simply buy another copter and fly somewhere else.
They live amongst us..
Wow, that's all I have to say about that.

I'm not feeling the love! :)

Reactions: pomonabill220

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl