Battery for RC GL300C

IBV

Reaction score
After all my Lipo battery for the remote controller GL300C is dead.
I couldn't find a replacement one. The original got 7.4 V with 6000mAh and strange enough 4 wires. It's out of warranty.
Any idea? Do I need to buy a new Rc?

One way is to send it to DJI service to get new battery installed. This may be a wiser way as some of the mounting parts inside RC are very brittle and need care to work on them.

Dji informed me that they do not replace battery, I must buy new controller. $180 on Amazon for new one will be the route I'll take

Personally, if I were forced to replace the entire controller anyway, I would simply open it up and take the old battery to a battery place, and have them make me up a new one.
All they are are multi cell packs arranged in a specific configuration, and what do you have to lose, they are "forcing" you to buy a new setup anyways!
A decent soldering iron can remove and replace the circuitboard.
I find it ludicrous that DJI is not able to replace a battery for a product they manufacture. Seems more like a profit margin thing to me.
Since you have one to experiment with, you might have a great youtube vid in the making!
Now this may all be BS if they actually use a lipo battery for the controller as well!!!
But it still seems odd that they cannot swap it out in the place that installs them in the first place.

Reactions: IBV
No soldering iron needed to remove battery - a quick search on YouTube will produce some excellent 'how-to' to open and service RC, most typically for those modifying / replacing the RC aerials. Good luck - outrageous IMHO one needs to buy a new RC when battery dies, if that's true.

Reactions: IBV
Dji informed me that they do not replace battery, I must buy new controller. $180 on Amazon for new one will be the route I'll take
...as far fetched as it may sound.. it seems to me after testing 5ea diff remotes, that the issue is that the Rem Ctrl itself has the lifespan (which would explain why DJi won't replace or sell the batt).. i can swap out a P4 rem crtl batt that will not chg more than 48%.. with a batt that has >70% remaining, put it into that P4 ctrl and it will not chg OR Indicate >48%.. take the original 48% batt put it into the other rem crtl and it'll chg up to 70%... so, I can then calculate that this P4 has cost me approx 15$/hr to own and operate.. if I then calculate all my DJI products the number goes up to approx 38$/hr (61$/hr if I count all the spare parts).. i'm still going to purchase another new 7.4V 2s1p batt to test and confirm.. also worth noting is that once the 48% batt was used for an approx 21min flight it was down to 32%, flt#02 setup, pre-flight etc.. down to 27%.. this is the 1st time i've ever flown with such a low rem crtl batt.. flew for approx 10min the rem crtl batt was now at 17%, I was leery of letting it go any lower for fear of it dropping out and then having to rely solely on the RTH and (which May be purely coincidental) it started having what looked and felt like compass related issue (i.e. wanting to fly off, in reverse, at an angle) i wasn't able to check IMU or Compass in flight, toooo close to trees (pre-flight IMU 0.001/0.003 , 0.006/0.001 , Compass 18/0)(Landing IMU 0.002/0.005 , 0.010/0.00 , Compass 28/3) .. so I just ATTI mode and landed.. long story short, seems the designed obsolescence and treachery runs yet deeper...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: jakobe75
I'm lost as well. A simple battery swap should fix the problem. I'm pretty sure the controller doesn't have an expiration date. Perhaps a firmware upgrade is required. That would be my guess if a new battery doesn't fix it.

...as far fetched as it may sound.. it seems to me after testing 5ea diff remotes, that the issue is that the Rem Ctrl itself has the lifespan (which would e.......
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Daemon are you saying that Dji limits the cycle and capacity of the rc battery? The battery likely isnt bad but limited by the controll board software? Forcing you to buy a new controller because even swapping the battery wont reset the cycle?

A new battery will fix this IMO. What I'd like to know is how it wore out so quick. Was the controller left on accidently a few times to drain the battery dead? Or was the controller left inside a car to bake in 140F heat several times?

Some boards in controller does pack up. The 4 wires are basically the same as two thick ones. The 2 red are common and 2 black are common. Think they used 4 thin wire instead of 2 thick ones. I have installed a normal lipo to test and it worked. Get one that is almost the right size and test it.

Some boards in controller does pack up. The 4 wires are basically the same as two thick ones. The 2 red are common and 2 black are common. Think they used 4 thin wire instead of 2 thick ones. I have installed a normal lipo to test and it worked. Get one that is almost the right size and test it.
Oh boy are you wrong. That is a balance lead to charge the cells in the lipo pack evenly. One positive and one negative for each battery.

Oh boy are you wrong. That is a balance lead to charge the cells in the lipo pack evenly. One positive and one negative for each battery.
Open one and have a look.
That is not a balance plug. If it was a balanced plug you should be able to read 3.7v (single cell)
Even with multimeter The red wires buzz out at the same point and same for black
I've also used an 2s Lipo to power the controller.
The pins on the PCboard are also common.
Go test before making assumptions!
It does look like a balance plug.....thats it

Look at this guy when testing voltage, If it was a balanced plug one should have measured 3.7v
How to take apart a DJI Phantom 3 Pro's remote - Remote won't turn on - Replace battery - Sabkegaane - Better Youtube

Picture of battery. ( not mine but from internet)

Read on Battery
Red + Black -

Attachments

• DJI rem bat.JPG
    DJI rem bat.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,417
Last edited:
Reactions: jlrsn
If it was a balance lead it would still have the larger lead. What good is a balance lead if your not charging with a a balance charger?

If it was a balance lead it would still have the larger lead. What good is a balance lead if your not charging with a a balance charger?
Not all lipos have the larger gauge power wires. Lipos can be charged through the balance plug.
It is a balance lead.

Open one and have a look.
That is not a balance plug. If it was a balanced plug you should be able to read 3.7v (single cell)
Even with multimeter The red wires buzz out at the same point and same for black
I've also used an 2s Lipo to power the controller.
The pins on the PCboard are also common.
Go test before making assumptions!
It does look like a balance plug.....thats it

Look at this guy when testing voltage, If it was a balanced plug one should have measured 3.7v
How to take apart a DJI Phantom 3 Pro's remote - Remote won't turn on - Replace battery - Sabkegaane - Better Youtube

Picture of battery. ( not mine but from internet)

Read on Battery
Red + Black -
It is a balance plug. All lipos have and need them.

OK, well why 2 red and 2 black? Balance leads with 4 wires ha e 3 positives and 1 negative. This lead appears to have 2+ and 2-. Why is this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20