Battery for RC GL300C

OK, well why 2 red and 2 black? Balance leads with 4 wires ha e 3 positives and 1 negative. This lead appears to have 2+ and 2-. Why is this?
Colors don't really matter. I have some that are all black, some that are all red, some have one black and four reds, some have four blacks and one red.
Here is a picture of one of my 3s lipos.
1496887725141.jpg

Yeah but on the battery it says red positive, black negative. That can't be with a balance lead can it?

Who knows with DJI though. They have some weird ideas. I guess the only real way is to measure the voltage at the leads.

A balance plug is 1 negative. then a connection to each cell in the battery.
If you take your multimeter and test, lets say a 2 cell battery. from Negative to first cell you will get 3.7v, from negative to next pin 7.4v.
this is to make sure each cell gets charged to the same point, hence the word balance.

In the case of the DJI controller battery. the 2 red wire are wired to the same point and the black one also

You will alway get the exact same voltage reading between any black and red wires.

TEST IT!!

I was confused with this multiwire setup too. When I measured it I concluded the RC batteries don't get balanced, because the can't, based on the measurements. This contributes to an early death of the RC battery.

I was confused with this multiwire setup too. When I measured it I concluded the RC batteries don't get balanced, because the can't, based on the measurements. This contributes to an early death of the RC battery.

This is correct. They got some NTC board or alike within the battery pack but the 4 wires are in fact 2 pices 2 parallel wires. So no balancing!
Strange like mentioned earlier is that it charges on one of my RCs but not on the other. If I take a new battery than it also charges on the other RC. It seems dji didn´t design this according to best practice. NTCs can get damaged easily... so wouldn´t wonder if it is the cause of the problem.

However, letting customers pay for a new RC only because of charging/battery problems is unacceptable. If this happens 1 out of 100 it would be definitely too much.

A balance plug is 1 negative. then a connection to each cell in the battery.
If you take your multimeter and test, lets say a 2 cell battery. from Negative to first cell you will get 3.7v, from negative to next pin 7.4v.
this is to make sure each cell gets charged to the same point, hence the word balance.

In the case of the DJI controller battery. the 2 red wire are wired to the same point and the black one also

You will alway get the exact same voltage reading between any black and red wires.

TEST IT!!
This is exactly what I was thinking. Two negatives and two positives wired parallel is contrary to what I know about balance leads. You plug that into a balance charger and its gonna fry it. I totally understand why someone might think it's a balance lead but its just not in this case.

Reactions: Loz and IBV
A new battery will fix this IMO. What I'd like to know is how it wore out so quick. Was the controller left on accidently a few times to drain the battery dead? Or was the controller left inside a car to bake in 140F heat several times?
...short Answer. Never.. as i've said in other posts, this equip, like all my equip, is treated like an infant... everything (on my P4) started to go dwn hill
once over 100hrs.. well I say everything.. the shell cracked (2 places), battery capacities (Both RC & AC) started to drop off with an increase in op temp,
i'm guessing due an increase in the internal resistance.., <75°F ambient, op temp on 1 occasion reached just over 143° which is a bad sign or trend IMO...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

I have rc battery issues as well for the past week I been reading all the forums I can to find out what to do and in the process found that the rc did the exact same thing as it died too many many people I contacted DJI and the only thing possible for me is to buy another rc for $289 I'm am very disappointed in DJI and will never by another thing from them.

I have rc battery issues as well for the past week I been reading all the forums I can to find out what to do and in the process found that the rc did the exact same thing as it died too many many people I contacted DJI and the only thing possible for me is to buy another rc for $289 I'm am very disappointed in DJI and will never by another thing from them.

One can replace the battery in RC, in case you did not know. You are quite correct DJI won't, shame on them, buts it's possible if you search on here or YouTube.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT