Autopilot app, autoflight logic

What's the minimum altitude for Follow Mode?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455839274.961792.jpg

Reactions: el_mundo
Thanks LanaRain! 10 feet is a definite improvement from the GO app...
You can actually set it to 0ft in the settings, but we wouldn't recommend it. You should note that the minimum slider value will actually be 1m above whatever the minimum setting is set to, so if you choose 0ft (the absolute minimum), then the lowest slider value you could select would be 3ft. Please don't do it.

Reactions: LanaRain
Darn I guess i should have watched it while I was at work when it was listed
The Airspace tutorial is now ready - enjoy!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Airspace tutorial is now ready - enjoy!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I knew it was going to be a game changer. This is amazing stuff. Can't wait to try it out. Now to find folks in the area that want to fly. Awesome job autoflightlogic

Yes, airspace is also a lot of fun to implement. I'm thinking through some cinematic use cases to try over the next couple weeks as I'll be traveling for my day job. Maybe I'll recruit a couple of my colleagues to use the free "airspace app" since they don't fly drones. But can't seem to find the app. In the video the app appears to show a beta test indicator, so maybe it hasn't been released?

I don't see it either.

you will find the airspace app at autoflightlogic.com for the signup...
Oh, well that means I can't get random people to use it yet. No worries. I'll just wait till the App Store release

well you probably wont be able to walk up to people and have them participate but you can use your ipad and your iphone if you have autopilot installed on both.... you don't have to have the stand alone airspace app as its also built into the autopilot main app... that way you can play with it and get used to the jargon to get this mission type to work before the airspace app is released ...

Yes, airspace is also a lot of fun to implement. I'm thinking through some cinematic use cases to try over the next couple weeks as I'll be traveling for my day job. Maybe I'll recruit a couple of my colleagues to use the free "airspace app" since they don't fly drones. But can't seem to find the app. In the video the app appears to show a beta test indicator, so maybe it hasn't been released?

I just watched the tutorial on airspace, I'm really excited about it now. My buddy is into downhill skateboarding, on those long boards, he wanted me to film him and his buddies using the follow mode. The problem with that was, what about the controller, no way they could carry that with them. But with airspace he could just put an iPhone in his pocket, badda boom badda bang!

Last edited:
I think air space is cool but I get confused just watching a video about. I couldn't imagine putting a bird(s) up with such uncertainty about what my settings might do or not do. It certainly is an advanced flight mode and I would begin with super simple runs in locations that are as isolated as possible to avoid problems. The potential is huge and I don't see any other software doing it. But with any software, personally I tend to favor simplicity. However, if I ever needed these kinds of shots, I'd look to AP. Just as soon as dji fixes the RTH thing I plan to buy AP for waypoints. That's the extent of my needs for now. Congrats on some great software though!

I think air space is cool but I get confused just watching a video about. I couldn't imagine putting a bird(s) up with such uncertainty about what my settings might do or not do. It certainly is an advanced flight mode and I would begin with super simple runs in locations that are as isolated as possible to avoid problems. The potential is huge and I don't see any other software doing it. But with any software, personally I tend to favor simplicity. However, if I ever needed these kinds of shots, I'd look to AP. Just as soon as dji fixes the RTH thing I plan to buy AP for waypoints. That's the extent of my needs for now. Congrats on some great software though!
Airspace is the most advanced feature in Autopilot, but it can allow you to get shots that were impossible previously. We are always open to making things easier if you have any specific suggestions.

Aircraft Types
Added support for the Inspire 1 Pro (X5 camera), Phantom 3 - Standard, Phantom 3 - 4K, and Matrice 100
Removed support for the Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+ (required with DJI SDK 3.0)
Flight Director
Added Waypoint Mission Start (similar to Mission Mark but instructs Autopilot where to start the Mission instead of Waypoint 1)
Corrected an issue where the altimeter reference would be lost on takeoff
Corrected an issue where the aircraft would yaw back to North with Direction Focus Strategy when not moving
Corrected an issue where the aircraft target location would jump ahead after pausing and resuming during Waypoint Missions
Corrected an issue where Waypoint Altitudes would not be properly bounded when opening a flight plan after changing the Min Altitude setting
Corrected an issue where disengaging Autopilot would cancel RTH
Corrected an issue where the Stop Mission button in Waypoint Mode would not illuminate on Mission Completion
Corrected an issue where Autopilot would engage to RC Override when quickly tapping Engage from the take-off countdown
Flight Recorder
Added several new fields to the telemetry logs, including battery serial number (better integration with Healthy Drones)
Added auto-upload support for DroneLogbook
Flight Dashboard
Added camera settings (aircraft must be connected)
Added IMU Preheating warning message
Added one-finger touch focus support for the X5
Updated Touch Focus Strategy to require two fingers because one finger is reserved for focus on the X5
Settings
Added Disengage on Return-to-Home Flight Director Setting (default is enabled)
Added Dynamic Focus Enabled if Available Camera Parameter Setting (only supported on the X5 when Focus Strategy is Subject, default is enabled)
Renamed Disengage on RC Control Mode to Disengage on RC Flight Mode
Updated the default value for the Responsiveness Movement Parameter to 5 seconds
Removed Default Aircraft Type setting (General)
Map
Added a device heading Map indicator
Added Waypoint 1 Distance to Waypoint Map tooltips
Added Operator Distance (when available) to Waypoint Map tooltips
Added distance measurements to Focus Subject Map tooltip
Added Airspace object projections and movement vectors
Updated Airspace device map markers to show the first letter of the callsign, and a direction vector
Renamed the Map Layers menu to the Map Options menu (Map Layers are now under Map Options)
Added undo/redo buttons to the Map Options menu (when available)
Updated the Free Map Tracking option to orient the map view to north when tapped a second time
Corrected an issue where some Waypoint Map markers would not reposition after adding a Waypoint
Corrected an issue where dragging a new second Waypoint would cause the location of the first Waypoint to move
Corrected an issue where the Path Inspector would not intersect the closest path point on straight paths
Corrected an issue where the Path Inspector would not honor the Heading if Gimbal Yaw Enabled Setting while disconnected from an aircraft
Corrected an issue where geo-coordinates would not display on tooltips after changing the setting
Miscellaneous
Update to DJI SDK 3.0
Added Network Airspace (supports unlimited devices and distance)
Updated Flight Plans to track changes from the original Flight Plan after importing
Added help center integration, including support ticket management (More > Support)
Updated splash screen logo
Corrected an issue where altitudes were reported in miles
Corrected an issue where some flight plans would be imported in the wrong location from KML files
Corrected an issue where the app would terminate on iPad when tapping the Flight Dashboard button with the Flight Plan menu open

Is there a forum for Autopilot? I have been hesitant to try 3rd party apps as DJI has enough problems of their own, I am fearful in introducing more variables.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers