Attachable Drone Speaker

Reaction score
I want to attach a speaker to my drone so I can play sound alerts to people in an area.
I run the Phantom 4 drone off my phone and controller. Is there a speaker that could have a range ~75m/250ft, which I could attach to the drone. Possibly operate through the phone and/or controller?
This might be asking a lot for a speaker but I'm wondering what my best options are.

If that isn't possible I've read that the motors make the beeping melody sound on startup. How difficult would it be to reprogram the function to make a loud beeping sound on command?

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm.... How about those flat gimbal guards that strap on to the landing gear...then....attach a good 2way radio that has beep code buttons on them. That way you can also do PA...just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Most speakers have a magnet, which could play havoc on your compass. Electro-static speakers might work but I doubt you will find one small enough for the drone or any louder then the props.

Most speakers have a magnet, which could play havoc on your compass. Electro-static speakers might work but I doubt you will find one small enough for the drone or any louder then the props.

What about carrying a speaker slung beneath , any one know what sort of payload they're capable of lifting?

Rig it to carry an iPad around and just FaceTime call while flying. This would really freak out your neighbors...

p3s- fishing
p4 Black- Inspections

Reactions: Dave Ryan
What about carrying a speaker slung beneath , any one know what sort of payload they're capable of lifting?
P4 will carry a beer or two but you'd potentially run into VPS issues. Not sure of the end game here, the props are already load and sound like a swarm of bees, anyone close will hear the bird anyway.

Last edited:
I don't know about others motives but I'm interested in bird scaring on farm land. I've noticed flying towards flocks of birds that they don't take any notice of the drone until it's almost on them so visually they don't seem to find the drone intimidating so adding predator noises would be what I'd be looking to do.

I would try to hang four big home made PVC whistles pipes that would simply work with the vertical air from blades. Not sure will behave as expected as possible lack of air pressure but maybe worth exploring the idea.

Last edited:
I would try to hang four big home made PVC whistles pipes that would simply work with the vertical air from blades. Not sure will behave as expected as possible lack of air pressure but maybe worth exploring the idea.

Tha whistles go wooooWooo.
~ Bubb Rubb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers