Airmap Autonomous Flight & DJI Connect: Flight Plan Options

Reaction score
So I now consistantly achieve at least a solid mile range in most conditions with my current mods on my P3S. Working on my Cinematography and flight/shooting techniques, a desire for use of a certain feature has come about. I am seeking information regarding successful autonomous flights. Earlier in my pre DJI UAS piloting I installed an app for airspace information (airmap). This very app claims to support DJI systems for autonomous flight plan uploads. Has anyone successfully used this app for flying autonomously? I am curious and doing a lot of research because I need a solid understanding of this and it's pitfalls before I would be willing to surrender control of my most prized possession, 2nd only to my wife. Has anyone ever flown autonomously? If so, using what app or apps?

Last edited:
I appreciate your input. I have heard of litchi before although I have some concerns. Is it reliable? What about failsafe modes such as signal loss return to home settings? Are they present on the app and reliable for GPS mode flying? Finally, have you flown autonomously with this app? How was it? I apologize for asking so many questions however you now have me considering buying this app and trying it in the morning. I checked out the link you posted, I would definitely be interested in some of those features. VR FPV flying is a hobby of mine with other non DJI drones I have. Just concerned about Litchi having failsafe protocols for signal loss return to home functions in fpv VR mode. Lastly, have you flown autonomously with this app? I would really appreciate your response, I'm definitely considering purchasing this app based on your reccomendations.

If I'm flying in VR FPV mode with litchi and I lose signal at a distance of say >1 mile then I'm SOL and several hundred dollars in the hole losing my modded P3S? From what I have been reading Litchi has no failsafe smart rth protocol. There are many bad reviews of this app and possibly even more horror stories of lost drones due to app malfunctions. Is this app worth it or just a fancy way to lose an expensive drone. I was convinced to purchase the app until I read the reviews and saw the disclaimer from litchi about no rth protocol. What has been your experience? I was ready to install it when I read your reply. However according to the reviews I am going to pay $25 to fly VR FPV momentarily until I inevitably lose my modded P3S to flyaway or crash. Flying at long distances I rely on that smart rth failsafe during control signal loss. It never fails. If Litch has no signal loss failsafe rth in VR mode that is a dealbreaker for me. I really hope this isn't true.

Litchi has no failsafe smart rth protocol.
This is not true. Litchi does have RTH, just as GO does. If you are flying manually in FPV, RTH works in the same manner for signal loss. If you are flying autonomous waypoint missions as I do all the time, there are settings within the mission plan for this. The only difference being that in an autonomous mission, when complete signal loss occurs, the aircraft will continue flying the pre-planned mission until the end, assuming there is enough battery power to do so. You can change the end of mission action to RTH, Hover, Return to Waypoint 1, backwards, etc.

Reactions: RodPad
People not knowing how to use Litchi is the problem. Not planing way points properly is also a big issue.
Learn to fly and be comfortable with your drone helps a lot before getting Litchi. Less things to think about. Just my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31