Reaction score
As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..

Doing it right now... Will go for a flight tomorrow and report my range[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was exactly like you bro.. tried everything and finally found this.. Give it a try.. and for the record I was loosing RC signal NOT the video signal..

Mine's been beeping for a good 30 minutes, so I assume I did something wrong. Should I extract the bin file before putting it into the quad?

What color should the lights be while updating?

I got the same result, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..
Between #5 and #6 do we need to open the RC and connect to the drone?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

hmmm.. interesting.

how far did u manage to fly the drone after doing this?

tnx, cheers! ;)

Last edited:
I will try this but not for the reason that everyone is thinking. If by holding the Sync button for 20 Seconds can force a firmware downgrade, then that might have a chance to fix the drones that had issues with the Distance Mod and bricked their bird.

I will try this but not for the reason that everyone is thinking. If by holding the Sync button for 20 Seconds can force a firmware downgrade, then that might have a chance to fix the drones that had issues with the Distance Mod and bricked their bird.
I think they have only bricked the remote,
and so far the OP is the only one that has been successful?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic