Advanced Or 4K

I was going to get the p3pro because I will eventually want to use goggles, so what will be the problem if I get the p3a instead, poor quality video when using goggles? or is it not possible to use goggles on a p3a?.

obviously I'd rather not spend loads of dosh if I don't need to, (p3a is a good price now) my tv is just standard also my PC is as well, my buddy gave me a 4k video he took with his p3p and I had to lower the res to watch it on my pc.
so bottom line is will I be better to get the P3A?
Sounds like you know the answer to your question but want reassurance. IMHO, what would be the point spending almost $500 more for something that will produce a video that you have to downconvert to play on your TV or computer? Even with the 2.7K max on the P3A, this video's will automatically downconvert and play at 1080P on your PC.

BTW, FPV goggles are a novelty. They aren't what you're expecting, and the visual experience isn't what the advertisements claim. Plus, you're going to need an HDMI output, either from the accessory module you need to install, or from a tablet like the Nvidia Shield K1. <<< this is what I'm using, along with MyBud video glasses.

Sounds like you know the answer to your question but want reassurance. IMHO, what would be the point spending almost $500 more for something that will produce a video that you have to downconvert to play on your TV or computer? Even with the 2.7K max on the P3A, this video's will automatically downconvert and play at 1080P on your PC.

BTW, FPV goggles are a novelty. They aren't what you're expecting, and the visual experience isn't what the advertisements claim. Plus, you're going to need an HDMI output, either from the accessory module you need to install, or from a tablet like the Nvidia Shield K1. <<< this is what I'm using, along with MyBud video glasses.

I think you could be right all I think I needed was some reassurance that I wasn't making a mistake so thanks for that :)
but as for goggles I've already been using fat shark goggles for the last 2 years on my V1.1.1 so I know what to expect from them, the ones I'm using are the original fat shark not HDMI ones I know I'll have to get the latest ones from fat shark (V3s) plus the HDMI output but before I get them I'm thinking about trying a headplay type ( so much cheaper) using my mobile phone and see how I get on with that

thanks for your answer

Can someone please chime in that has owned the P3A and P3P about the 2Mbps vs 10Mbps on the fpv live feed? Does it actually look 5X as clear on the phone/tablet when flying?

Can someone please chime in that has owned the P3A and P3P about the 2Mbps vs 10Mbps on the fpv live feed? Does it actually look 5X as clear on the phone/tablet when flying?
Unless you use goggles or a big tablet, you can't tell the difference
Both give you Live View Quality720P @ 30fps

[QUOTE="RadRich, post: 625817, member: 44971

<<< this is what I'm using,(9 Nvidia Shield K1. along with.MyBud video glasses [/QUOTE]

just one more question, my buddy uses fat shark goggles using the HDMI output but when the goggles are in use his tablet is off, he has to disconnect the goggles to see the tablet, so in your set-up (9 Nvidia Shield K1. & MyBud video glasses is your tablet on at the same time as your goggles?
TIA

I just read through this whole thread.( Boy people like to talk a lot of ****.) And I have to say I love my 4K! And I own a Sony 4K 55" TV. So when I get home from flying at the park I pull my SanDisk 64 GB micro sd stick out of the camera, pop it into a USB adapter and put it right into my television. I sit back and watch my videos in stunning 4K. That is the difference. And sure if I want to fly way beyond line of sight which I can, I do get a little nervous. So soon as DBS puts out a dedicated kit for the 4K I will buy one. And still be able to get the same footage as the Pro edition, fly far as hell, and save a few hundred dollars too! The photo industry is going 4K all the way. So if you want to keep up with the world of photography buy a 4K. If you dont care about 4K video then buy the Advanced version as light bridge makes it worth it. All in all I am very happy with my 4K and I dont want to push the limits on distance. Ive flown my 4K about 3200ft with Windsurfer style antenna boosters on. But most of the time I fly, I like to keep it in sight and focus on the video I am taking. Especially when you are flying sideways and backwards at low altitude. My 2 cents anyways!
PS I use a LG Gpad X 10.1 tablet and the 480P live view looks just fine I dont see the need for my live view to be 720p.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20