Advanced Or 4K

Reactions: happydays
One more vote for the Advanced. Lightbridge all the way!

where are you getting a student discount on these?

Holy Cow. This thread (forum) just saved me $81 on the new Phantom 3 Advanced. Ordered from DJI for $719 shipped. Thanks OP for starting this thread. $719 for a new P3A bird....You can't beat that deal anywhere.

Oh, by the way, if you can't tell from my post, P3 Advanced all the way. I'm actually down grading from the P3 Pro. I just don't see the value for the 4k camera. Unless I plan on upgrading all my TV's and Macbook pro, I will never see the difference in video quality anyway. To be honest, 90% of what I do in the air is photography. That's the same.

For $719 shipped, buy the P3 Advanced. Without question.

Also i have been thinking of getting the Inspire 1 aluminum device holder for when I use my iPad, supposedly it is much sturdier than the plastic P3 mobile device holder.
Definitely a must have if you are going to use an iPad (even if its a mini).

The P34K doesn't have 5X the bitrate of the Advanced, though the P34K does have only 1/5th the control range. Many also lack the necessary equipment to fully utilize 4K video & would be more than happy with 2.7K. For fans of stills the cameras perform identically @ 12 MP. For those who value 4K over range & a 480 video feed over 720 of the Advanced they can choose accordingly.

But maybe some will say, ' gee, really sucks not having a 4k camera, and 5x the bitrate ' ? ;)

Holy Cow. This thread (forum) just saved me $81 on the new Phantom 3 Advanced. Ordered from DJI for $719 shipped. Thanks OP for starting this thread. $719 for a new P3A bird....You can't beat that deal anywhere.
Your right. ;) This is the best deal ever in the history of DJI. 30% off! Woot Woot.

The P34K doesn't have 5X the bitrate of the Advanced, though the P34K does have only 1/5th the control range. Many also lack the necessary equipment to fully utilize 4K video & would be more than happy with 2.7K. For fans of stills the cameras perform identically @ 12 MP. For those who value 4K over range & a 480 video feed over 720 of the Advanced they can choose accordingly.
Yes the Advanced does only have 1/5 of the Bitrate so be sure you know what you are talking about before commenting we have Enough Misinformation on these Threads already. Hard enough starting out flying we don't need people making misinformed decisions because of some people who think they know everything and feel the need to comment and Troll these Threads. 2 mbps ( Advanced) is 1/5 of 10 mbps (Pro)

Yes the Advanced does only have 1/5 of the Bitrate so be sure you know what you are talking about before commenting we have Enough Misinformation on these Threads already. Hard enough starting out flying we don't need people making misinformed decisions because of some people who think they know everything and feel the need to comment and Troll these Threads. 2 mbps ( Advanced) is 1/5 of 10 mbps (Pro)
He is talking about the new '4k' edition. Not the Professional. .I originally meant the professional version compared to advanced. But since he is talking about advanced v.s '4K', he is right.

Advanced(2Mb), Professional(10Mb), 4K(2Mb), Standard(2Mb). At least according to this:

Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinisalo
Well, Sport, there is lots of misinformation when people can't read! The thread is titled "Advanced or 4K.". It doesn't say anything about the Pro. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 847guy
most people who have the 4k pro don't even have a 4k tv or PC or mac that can handle it. Most have it to "future proof there videos" so they say

Yes the Advanced does only have 1/5 of the Bitrate so be sure you know what you are talking about before commenting ... 2 mbps ( Advanced) is 1/5 of 10 mbps (Pro)
So perhaps you can enlighten me and a lot of other people that don't understand what these numbers actually mean to the users.
I see people getting excited about them on forums but I've not been able to work out what difference this makes to how you are able to use your Phantom except when using FPV goggles.

Reactions: Gordyboy
So perhaps you can enlighten me and a lot of other people that don't understand what these numbers actually mean to the users.
I see people getting excited about them on forums but I've not been able to work out what difference this makes to how you are able to use your Phantom except when using FPV goggles.

I was going to get the p3pro because I will eventually want to use goggles, so what will be the problem if I get the p3a instead, poor quality video when using goggles? or is it not possible to use goggles on a p3a?.

obviously I'd rather not spend loads of dosh if I don't need to, (p3a is a good price now) my tv is just standard also my PC is as well, my buddy gave me a 4k video he took with his p3p and I had to lower the res to watch it on my pc.
so bottom line is will I be better to get the P3A?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj