4K camera lens...

Reaction score
so here’s the story, I picked up this amazing machine from a guy on the Facebook marketplace for a pretty spendy price with all the claims that it is in mint condition...

So yesterday I went on my first real flight session and wanted to work on my editing skills which I’ve never done. Anyhow I noticed this line right down the middle of my screen. I got to investigating I was hoping it was just the lens filter cover thingamajig but it was not. My actual lens appears to be cracked or scratched does anyone know who can replace this part? Or where I can even get one? I’d rather not buy a new 4K camera considering the price is about 400.00 thanks in advance

You could ask these guys DJI Phantom 3 Lenses – Peau Productions On their website they state that their 3.37mm is closest to the stock Phantom 3 lens, with f2.8 and an 87 degree field of view, If you're interested you should double-check with them that it'll be OK for a 4K camera. Price is not cheap though, at $140, but that's less than $400. :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Will this put out the same quality? Without the crack?

Attachments

• 909E57FB-6AC2-4325-A05D-C914FD20B24E.png
    909E57FB-6AC2-4325-A05D-C914FD20B24E.png
    974.5 KB · Views: 410
I'm no lens expert but a quick check online shows that that 4.35mm lens will give you a 72 degree field of view as compared to the stock P3 lens which gives a 94 degree FOV, so quite a bit narrower. Although listed as 10MP, image quality would probably be OK though, I think.

Reactions: Rehaume85
Just checking: are sure it's the lens and not just the filter that goes over it (screw on or push on, depending on model)?
Worth double-checking, of course - but I I think the OP has already closely investigated and thus wrote this:-

"Anyhow I noticed this line right down the middle of my screen. I got to investigating I was hoping it was just the lens filter cover thingamajig but it was not. My actual lens appears to be cracked or scratched"....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl