1 motor went bad M1 (older style)...replaced all 4 motors and ESC boards, same M1 motor won't budge now either

Reaction score
Anyone help me with this?
New here on the boards, have had my 2 for about 3 years now, no issues whatsoever....now, not sure what is happening.
I did hit a tree limb up about 20-25', and it crashed onto my front lawn, not hard at all. But one motor seemed stuck wouldn't move, couldn't turn it my hand..
I had bought another 2 for parts in case I ever needed them.
It had the newer motors and ESC boards so I just took this opportunity to change them all out on mine.

Same M1 motor at same location won't move, although I can turn this one by hand with no issues.
Anyone offer me some advice or where to turn??
Appreciate it in advance

Also, on start up, I only get the first turn on up tone beeps, not the last 4 same tone beeps that I used to get.

Phantom 2 start up sequence

Last edited:
Anyone help me with this?
New here on the boards, have had my 2 for about 3 years now, no issues whatsoever....now, not sure what is happening.
I did hit a tree limb up about 20-25', and it crashed onto my front lawn, not hard at all. But one motor seemed stuck wouldn't move, couldn't turn it my hand..
I had bought another 2 for parts in case I ever needed them.
It had the newer motors and ESC boards so I just took this opportunity to change them all out on mine.

Same M1 motor at same location won't move, although I can turn this one by hand with no issues.
Anyone offer me some advice or where to turn??
Appreciate it in advance

Also, on start up, I only get the first turn on up tone beeps, not the last 4 same tone beeps that I used to get.

Phantom 2 start up sequence

I see you like my video.

Hopefully when you replaced the motor with newer motors the ESC boards were version 2 boards.

Brushless motors do not go bad and the only to damage them is bent the shaft as there are only three working parts a stator and 2 bearing. Something may have gotten in between the stator and magnets which might require disassembly and cleaning or maybe just a good air blast to clear out debris.

Another problem could be how you wired up the motors. Check out this photo:
IMG_0016.jpg

Sure man, although the video post was by a guy named Gary, and here you are Jason??
Hey, regardless, I appreciate your response.

Yes, they are version 2 ESC boards, and I hear you on the "parts" of the motor. Thats what I did with the first motor, took it apart didn't see anything, so figured I would now swap out to the "newer style" motors and version 2 boards.
That is why its kind of driving me crazy being that its the motor in same location thats not moving. Its getting power, fidgeting, but not spinning.

Do you know what the start up sequence "sounds/beeps" mean??
:Like I said, I used to get the normal (or what I thought was normal, and shows on video) da-da-da-da-da-da duh duh duh duh, now all Im getting is the da-da-da-da-da-da....thought maybe its telling me something???
Thanks again man for your help Gary/Jason!!!
:~)

Well you have the video and it is the startup sequence but since it's setting on my kitchen counter the rear LED's flash yellow for lack of GPS signal indoors.

Check the motor placement and wiring. Since the photo, I sent the battery compartment is to the right and CCW motor is top right while the other CCW motor is bottom left. Then check your solder connection for the motor which isn't working and solder connection from the ESC to the main board. Also, make sure the ESC board is plugged in correctly it is indexed.

Yes, I use a screen name just like you do.

Well you have the video and it is the startup sequence but since it's setting on my kitchen counter the rear LED's flash yellow for lack of GPS signal indoors.

Check the motor placement and wiring. Since the photo, I sent the battery compartment is to the right and CCW motor is top right while the other CCW motor is bottom left. Then check your solder connection for the motor which isn't working and solder connection from the ESC to the main board. Also, make sure the ESC board is plugged in correctly it is indexed.

Yes, I use a screen name just like you do.
Yo, what do you mean by indexed??
Sorry, noobie here on the board and learning the lingo!!
Thanks again
Jeff

The ESC plug can only go into the socket one way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues