Help All 4 motors barely spin after sitting for a year

Reaction score
My late husband got this phantom 3 drone for my daughter and I’m desperate to get it working for her. We tried to get it going this year but all 4 motors barely spin. At first it had an issue with the GPS. That still won’t work but just tells me it’s in ATTY mode. Then it had an issue with connecting to the remote. It made horrible strange beeps but after connecting the remote and doing a couple other things it stopped making the strange beeps. I attempted to start up the motors at that point and found them barely moving. What do I do? Are all 4 bad? Is that possible? It’s not crashed and they all worked last year.
***Thank you to the person that replied, for some reason it’s not giving me an option to reply back. To answer your question about the GPS, it doesnt work inside or outside. The drone worked fine for the first couple years she’s had it. We didn’t really have issues until we tried to take it out for the first time this year. That’s when the issues started and the motors wouldn’t spin like they are supposed to. It’s been kept in a clean dry space so its not environmental. My daughter keeps it in the same spot and this is the first year this has happened.

Last edited:
@Heather518

I think you posted before your membership was approved. Not sure why someone deleted their post, but that may be why you were unable to reply to it.

Hopefully one of the Phantom gurus will be able to help walk you through some troubleshooting to assess the problem and lead to a solution.

@Heather518

I think you posted before your membership was approved. Not sure why someone deleted their post, but that may be why you were unable to reply to it.

Hopefully one of the Phantom gurus will be able to help walk you through some troubleshooting to assess the problem and lead to a solution.
Thank you, I hope so too.

Does the GO app show any errors? We need more information.
No errors showing. That’s why I don’t get it. The apps up to date. I tried to mess with it last night and never was able to get the motors to spin at all. I tried launching with the remote and the app both and neither worked, but the GPS wouldnt connect at all either.

No errors showing. That’s why I don’t get it. The apps up to date. I tried to mess with it last night and never was able to get the motors to spin at all. I tried launching with the remote and the app both and neither worked, but the GPS wouldnt connect at all either.
Can you show us a picture of the screen on your device when you’re trying to connect? Can you determine what the firmware version is on the remote and the drone? I’m thinking it’s a connectivity issue.

We are a good honest group looking to help and learn from others. A lot of Boomers! Maybe if you put your location, a kind member might be able to meet you in a park or other safe location and help you diagnose the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen