Zenmuse H3-3D shaking problem on Phantom 1

Reaction score
The issue I am experiencing can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdGqmK7bpU

Issue: Gimbal pitch shakes uncontrollably for a few seconds, stops, then shakes again. This happens for as long as the Phantom and transmitter are powered on. The shaking does not allow me to calibrate the X1 control in the assistant software. Note that I have also installed a gimal tilt lever on my transmitter (SR6) in X1 spot (top hole).

If the Phantom is turned on but the transmitter is not, there is no issue with the gimbal and it starts up as expected. I have tried the factory reset and it did not help. All drivers are up to date.

Why am I experiencing this problem? How can it be fixed?

Thanks for your help!

The P2 v+ guys have experienced this.
You need to redo BOTH calibrations. The RC first, then the Phantom Assist.

Your RC X1 channel needs to be re-calibrated. I don't know if the phantom 1 has a separate RC software like the p2 range does.

You have a phantom 1. I think you need to open up your RC and plug USB and calibrate the X1 channel via the RC software.
You need to move the sticks AND the X1 in the RC software. The start up the Phantom 1 software and calibrate there as well.

Mako79 said:
The P2 v+ guys have experienced this.
You need to redo BOTH calibrations. The RC first, then the Phantom Assist.

Your RC X1 channel needs to be re-calibrated. I don't know if the phantom 1 has a separate RC software like the p2 range does.

You have a phantom 1. I think you need to open up your RC and plug USB and calibrate the X1 channel via the RC software.
You need to move the sticks AND the X1 in the RC software. The start up the Phantom 1 software and calibrate there as well.

Thanks Mako79, I figured it out shortly after posting. Although there is no USB on my RC (SR6 model), you were right...I had to re-calibrate the RC by going through the steps under A5 (page 7) here (http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom/en/PHANTOM_Advanced_Manual_en.pdf)...on the 4th step when it says to move the throttle and pitch sticks through their range several times I also moved the X1 tilt control lever through its range a few times very slowly. I was then able to calibrate X1 using the assistant software.

I found that moving the X1 quickly while doing the initial calibration or the assistant software calibration left the gimbal only going from one position (facing directly forward) to another (facing directly downwards). After re-doing this and moving X1 slowly the gimbal tilt calibrated as it should, allowing for a full range of tilt positions.

Thanks again for the response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers