Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis GoPro gimbal announced

havasuphoto said:
H3-2D v2 installed + GCU + PMU V2 + gopro: 275.5g
That's what I have now. Go Pro 3 is around 74 ish grams?
So, H3-3D, 168+20+74=262 grams. BUT, that doesn't include a PMU2....
I'm still coming up lighter with the 3 axis......gotta be missing something.....???
The pmu is 28g, the gcu is 20-something. The h3-3d weight is just the hanging part, as installed on the p2. There is no gcu or pmu included. It's a very light 3-axis apparently. The h3-2d with pmu and gcu is a heavy 2-axis.

lgeist said:
OK, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you control the panning axis with a DJI Controller?

That's where they get you............you'll probably need to buy a new controller. LOL!!! They are so good at taking our money right out of our pockets. LOL!!!

People are saying pan is follow only, no user controllable channel. No idea if that's true, but it would be a shame for hiway if it is :)

ElGuano said:
People are saying pan is follow only, no user controllable channel. No idea if that's true, but it would be a shame for hiway if it is :)

I personally don't see the need for a manual pan control. If you want to pan, just turn the quadcopter!

as someone who has experience flying with a 3-axis gimbal, I can tell you that if you're the sole flyer, all you ever want is the ability to remove yaw wobble, (Yaw Follow)
Having the ability to manually rotate the camera in flight is only useful if you've got a copter with retracts, and you've got one person flying and another operating the camera.
-but if you're THAT serious, you likely won't be doing so with a measly little GoPro!

I've read through the new H3 3D manual. English is much better in this manual than previous, but I think I've read where you can set yaw (pan) or tilt (roll) thru the Phantom assistant. One, not both. Regardless, and as mentioned...unless you can get upgraded, taller landing gear, filming left or right while flying straight will get you an awesome closeup of your canbus module or compass. I don't recall reading anything that <clearly> states that the yaw is non-control axis to stabilize the camera during quad yaw.

ElGuano said:
It would seem to me that it's capable.....perhaps a firmware upgrade could allow for panning. It would be nice to use it in Narrow mode on the GP, and do some pans with the gimbal instead of the yawing the aircraft, or be able to have it off the center axis a bit, for other special situations.

Just more questions to be asked to DJI.........
Also realize this gimbal could be used on a 450 or 550-which can have retractable landing gear. So it would be a shame if the panning wasn't even an option. Just can't imagine they would be that short sighted.

The RTF P2 with H3-3D is showing up as $813 on one of my B2B sites. Makes me want to sell one of my old P1's or P2's and start fresh...

That's cheaper than what I paid for the H3-2D and P2 RTF
edit:

Order Total: $813.75

I would LIKE to have a user-controllable pan feature. I know already that I would use it zero times, but I share the desire to have the option. I'm with DesertFlyer and Gizmo on this, yawing the Phantom is extremely smooth and controllable, and tilt is about all I can manage smoothly as a single operator.

skyecamprod said:
The RTF P2 with H3-3D is showing up as $813 on one of my B2B sites. Makes me want to sell one of my old P1's or P2's and start fresh...

That's cheaper than what I paid for the H3-2D and P2 RTF
edit:

Order Total: $813.75
Linky??

It's his first post. I'd be surprised if he provides a link. And I'd be surprised if we could buy them at that price since it's business to business. But if we can. I'll take 5.

Ksc said:
It's his first post. I'd be surprised if he provides a link. And I'd be surprised if we could buy them at that price since it's business to business. But if we can. I'll take 5.
I was thinking the same thing!! Didn't know it was a "drive-by" posting......

Question; do you think DJI will have any for sale at the NAB show?

Ksc said:

It's my first post because I can't remember my old email/username/pw combo. I've been on here for awhile lurking.

It's B2B only but here's proof

http://i.imgur.com/vT3wv3k.png

skyecamprod said:
Ksc said:

It's my first post because I can't remember my old email/username/pw combo. I've been on here for awhile lurking.

It's B2B only but here's proof

http://i.imgur.com/vT3wv3k.png
So how does someone get B2B from B&H?? I've only spent like 10 grand there, in the past few years.....

skyecamprod said:
havasuphoto said:
So how does someone get B2B from B&H?? I've only spent like 10 grand there, in the past few years.....

I'm signed up through my corp contract, if you qualify here is the sign up page

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/federa ... -sales.jsp
Yea, I do remember seeing that at one time.....I don't qualify.
And, you must have a P.O. for each purchase-which means it has to go too your department head, and be on an official P.O.
So you really can't run out and buy 5, and re-sell them. That could cost you your job!!!
Bummer!!
Maybe I can still pick one up at the NAB show.

I have a feeling they're all in some crates, on a slow boat, from China right now. So realistically, I don't expect them for another month.

havasuphoto said:
skyecamprod said:
havasuphoto said:

I'm signed up through my corp contract, if you qualify here is the sign up page

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/federa ... -sales.jsp
Yea, I do remember seeing that at one time.....I don't qualify.
And, you must have a P.O. for each purchase-which means it has to go too your department head, and be on an official P.O.
So you really can't run out and buy 5, and re-sell them. That could cost you your job!!!
Bummer!!
Maybe I can still pick one up at the NAB show.

I have a feeling they're all in some crates, on a slow boat, from China right now. So realistically, I don't expect them for another month.

Atlanta Hobby is selling them outright now. I am assuming they have them in stock.

No, Atlanta hobby is not. They are selling then but it clearly states the eta is 3/28 on them. It's in small letters and I'm sure a bunch of people have bought them from AH only to get a "backordered until 3/28" email. When you figure that it will take just as long for a refund, they probably just take it on the chin and push through. I would think a CA company would have them before a company on the east coast. They land in CA and get driven across the country to Atlanta which adds more time.

Ksc said:
No, Atlanta hobby is not. They are selling then but it clearly states the eta is 3/28 on them. It's in small letters and I'm sure a bunch of people have bought them from AH only to get a "backordered until 3/28" email. When you figure that it will take just as long for a refund, they probably just take it on the chin and push through. I would think a CA company would have them before a company on the east coast. They land in CA and get driven across the country to Atlanta which adds more time.
Yep-that's what I'm hoping. But-I'm not ordering anything until they have them in stock!!! I've seen this before-where the delivery date gets pushed back, and pushed back some more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers