Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis GoPro gimbal announced

Reaction score
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-3d

DJI_Zenmuse_H3_3D_4__65851.1395659702.1000.1200.jpg

Supposedly it's only $100 more than an H3-2D, at least when included in a P2 package (http://www.uav-outlet.com/dji-phantom-2 ... mbal-combo). That $959 price is unconfirmed afaik.

And I thought I had the scoop of the day with the new props that have colored tips :(

Maybe these are indicators that other new stuff will be dropping soon.

Also looks like the 3-axis will only be 11g more than the 2-axis??

OI Photography said:
And I thought I had the scoop of the day with the new props that have colored tips :(

Maybe these are indicators that other new stuff will be dropping soon.

Also looks like the 3-axis will only be 11g more than the 2-axis??
the numbers for the 2-axis seem off. That is closer to what my tarot weighs. I have a feeling it may be something with including gcu...we'll have to wait and see.

On the first post of the other thread from this morning regarding this Gimbal it reckons that"s the price with the P2 :?:

If you think the H3-2D should be @£400 and sells for @£230 on Ebay etc, it"ll be a while before i get one, once the prices have dropped & stabilised and by that time DJI will have a new model out....probably ;)

Ian

BALDYIAN said:
On the first post of the other thread from this morning regarding this Gimbal it reckons that"s the price with the P2 :?:

If you think the H3-2D should be @£400 and sells for @£230 on Ebay etc, it"ll be a while before i get one, once the prices have dropped & stabilised and by that time DJI will have a new model out....probably ;)

Ian
confirmed $959 is the price with the phantom 2 RTF. The same package with the H3-2D is $859, so it's $100 more for the third axis. That's way better than I was expecting. Assuming it's a quality part, I'd pay $300 for a zenmuse over $230 for a dys or arris...

This is very good news indeed. I will certainly be upgrading just as soon as we have some real world data on how reliable it is. If this works then we will have an amazing platform for rock steady twitch free video. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that Gopro now release a 4K 60fps camera in the same size format as the Hero 3. Then its going to be unstoppable.

OK, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you control the panning axis with a DJI Controller?

I have the original phantom v1.0 with zenmuse h3 v2. Can I upgrade to the zenmuse h3-3d using the same phantom? Will it mount properly? Would it require installing new hardware inside or just plug in from the h3 v2 power cable?

Jbrown83 said:
I have the original phantom v1.0 with zenmuse h3 v2. Can I upgrade to the zenmuse h3-3d using the same phantom? Will it mount properly? Would it require installing new hardware inside or just plug in from the h3 v2 power cable?

It was announced today. No one here will know the answers to your questions.

lgeist said:
OK, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you control the panning axis with a DJI Controller?
Hope it's not dumb because I have the same question. And won't the landing gear get in the way when you yaw if the camera stays straight? Never seen a 3 axis gimbal in operation.

I am trying to get my head round why it is better to pan the camera than to pan the P2?
Whats the point of panning the Gopro if all you see are the P2's legs ??
Now if you could mount it well below the P2 or use retractable landing gear then it might be worth it.

2trickpony said:
I am trying to get my head round why it is better to pan the camera than to pan the P2?
Now if you could mount it well below the P2 or use retractable landing gear then it might be worth it.

The real benefit of a 3-axis gimbal is to smooth out yaw movements from the airframe so they're not so jerky (or even evident) in the video you produce. There's many factors that can contribute to yaw-related motion in the vids beyond just how smoothly you provide stick input.

Manual control over pan and/or fixed-angle tracking are nice extras if you use it on platforms where the legs aren't an issue, but the smoothing effects are what it's best for.

OI Photography said:
2trickpony said:

The real benefit of a 3-axis gimbal is to smooth out yaw movements from the airframe so they're not so jerky (or even evident) in the video you produce. There's many factors that can contribute to yaw-related motion in the vids beyond just how smoothly you provide stick input.

Manual control over pan and/or fixed-angle tracking are nice extras if you use it on platforms where the legs aren't an issue, but the smoothing effects are what it's best for.

AHAA!, ok, got it. I was so interested in the actual mnual control pan movement that I forgot it would actually smooth out the shaky P2 panning.
Thanks!

From what I gather, this gimbal will not have manual control in the yaw axis. It will just dampen (stabilize) yaw movements like the roll axis does on the 2D version now. That's fine with me though. All I want are smooth videos, which is all but impossible to get now with the 2D if there is any wind at all.

DesertFlyer53 said:
From what I gather, this gimbal will not have manual control in the yaw axis. It will just dampen (stabilize) yaw movements like the roll axis does on the 2D version now. That's fine with me though. All I want are smooth videos, which is all but impossible to get now with the 2D if there is any wind at all.
I'm sure the end result will be very similar weather it's smoother yaw movement via manual control of the gimbal or if it smooths yaw movement via aircraft rotation. Either way i'm happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj