ZenMuse h3-3d Totally Crazy after big ribon replacement.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Recently i had a crash and broke the main ribon cable of the Zenmuse H3-3d, the one that connects the motors. I bought one on ebay and did the replacement. After the replacement and updated the zenmuse firmware, the gimbal went crazy as you can see in the video.

Just a sum of the all process for you to understand better:
1- Replacement of the Ribon
2- Alignment of the pitch motor in the sensor. (align the flat part of the metal axis with the flat part of the sensor)
3- Reset Zenmuse and and update to latest version
4- Update phantom main board

But the result was a crazy gimbal :). I've done several hours of research on this forum and all over internet but couldn't find any answer.
If someone more experiencied have some cloue please let me know.

Hi everyone.

Recently i had a crash and broke the main ribon cable of the Zenmuse H3-3d, the one that connects the motors. I bought one on ebay and did the replacement. After the replacement and updated the zenmuse firmware, the gimbal went crazy as you can see in the video.

Just a sum of the all process for you to understand better:
1- Replacement of the Ribon
2- Alignment of the pitch motor in the sensor. (align the flat part of the metal axis with the flat part of the sensor)
3- Reset Zenmuse and and update to latest version
4- Update phantom main board

But the result was a crazy gimbal :). I've done several hours of research on this forum and all over internet but couldn't find any answer.
If someone more experiencied have some cloue please let me know.

Did you tighten the screw on the vertical arm after replacing the ribbon? See photo.

IMG_0024.jpg

Hi.

Thks for your reply. Yes i did thighten both screws of both arms. But i'm not sure about one thing. Whem i thighten up the screws the motor arm have a position to hold the screw. For exemple the screw will make pressure on the flat part of the metal axis our is totaly indiferent the position?

I'm not sure if i was clear. :) But if you did'nt understand please reply.

Hi.

Thks for your reply. Yes i did thighten both screws of both arms. But i'm not sure about one thing. Whem i thighten up the screws the motor arm have a position to hold the screw. For exemple the screw will make pressure on the flat part of the metal axis our is totaly indiferent the position?

I'm not sure if i was clear. :) But if you did'nt understand please reply.

That set screw is on a flat side of the shaft and it is hard to get the Allen wrench into and set correctly. Make sure the arm and the bottom of the shaft are flush. Just to take a photo of that screw I had to tape down the arm.

Thks for your incredible effort. I have disassembled again the gimbal just to assemble again from the beggining. But i can show you the orientation of the shaft and the srew e this two fotos.

Attachments

• 20180131_115227.jpg
    20180131_115227.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 531
  • 20180131_115338.jpg
    20180131_115338.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 548
Thks for your incredible effort. I have disassembled again the gimbal just to assemble again from the beggining. But i can show you the orientation of the shaft and the srew e this two fotos.

The arm in the first photo is attached to the horizontal motor and the arm in the second photo is attached to the yaw motor. The yaw motor shaft has a flat side does it not? Well, that set screw has to be tightened to that flat surface. Take the arm off and rotate the motor until the flat side of the shaft is in the correct position and either tape or mark the motor position then reinstall the arm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl