Zenmuse Y axis dosent work. P2.

Reaction score
hey guys, new here, just boght a zenmuse( it dosent say on it which model it is so i assume its h3 2d) .I connected and installed it and X axis works very nicely, but the Y axis dosent respond to any kind of movement, and if i have it on for a while it sometimes points all the way down or all the way up, controller dosent do anything eather, could this he a callibration issue or something more serius? gimball is used. Thanks in advance

hey guys, new here, just boght a zenmuse( it dosent say on it which model it is so i assume its h3 2d) .I connected and installed it and X axis works very nicely, but the Y axis dosent respond to any kind of movement, and if i have it on for a while it sometimes points all the way down or all the way up, controller dosent do anything eather, could this he a callibration issue or something more serius? gimball is used. Thanks in advance

If your gimbal has only two motors than it is an H3-2D and doesn't have a Y axis. Only the H3-3D/H4-3D had a Y axis which was controlled a third motor mounted on the top of the vertical arm.

Reactions: valli
this is the gimball, there is deffinetly a rotor for y axis movement,

Attachments

• 1531681140575862356008.jpg
    1531681140575862356008.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 523
i calibrated everything, still no movement, rotor dosent even hold the camera i can move it easaly with no resistance, uitil i move all the way down, then i can hear the rotor squeeking a little and the camera gets stuck in 90°

i calibrated everything, still no movement, rotor dosent even hold the camera i can move it easaly with no resistance, uitil i move all the way down, then i can hear the rotor squeeking a little and the camera gets stuck in 90°

Your photo does not show if there is a third motor which would be partially inside the bottom of the P2, Now that motor is the Yaw motor and will not follow the movements of Yawing left and right in flight that is if the FPV mode in the gimbal settings hasn't been check marked.

This is a H3-2D gimbal. There's no Yaw motor in the top of this gimbal.
H3-2D Gimbal_02.jpg
H3-2D Gimbal_01.jpg

I have both the H3-2D and the H3-3D gimbals. You can find a comparison of both gimbals on google. Here's a link.

zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal - Google Search

Your photo does not show if there is a third motor which would be partially inside the bottom of the P2, Now that motor is the Yaw motor and will not follow the movements of Yawing left and right in flight that is if the FPV mode in the gimbal settings hasn't been check marked.

This is a H3-2D gimbal. There's no Yaw motor in the top of this gimbal.View attachment 101303.
View attachment 101302

I have both the H3-2D and the H3-3D gimbals. You can find a comparison of both gimbals on google. Here's a link.

zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal - Google Search

yes, i deffinetly have a h3 2d, and the rotor i took picture of is the one that dosent work.that is to say, the one that controlls camers movement on y axis, up and down.

Attachments

• 15317227250641945894478.jpg
    15317227250641945894478.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 508
  • 15317227849171673937072.jpg
    15317227849171673937072.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 502
once i push the camera all the way down with my fingers few seconds later it get stuck there and then rotates as it shuld.I just want to find out if its the gimbal or if its my drone, also could ive read that sometimes software update causes these gimbals to do crazy stuff, maybe i need to reset it?

once i push the camera all the way down with my fingers few seconds later it get stuck there and then rotates as it shuld.I just want to find out if its the gimbal or if its my drone, also could ive read that sometimes software update causes these gimbals to do crazy stuff, maybe i need to reset it?

Which remote do you have for the P2? DJI made two a DJ6 which was the old style and the NDJ6 the new one which has the tilt control on the upper left corner of the controller. The DJ6 controller had the tilt control on the backside of the remote.

Do you have the software for both the controller and P2? As you will need both to calibrate the tilt function of the gimbal. Connect the controller to software to calibrate all the stick controls then X1 (tilt adjustment). Next by connecting the P2 to its software (with the controller still turned on) calibrate all the sticks again and also X1. If the camera doesn't tilt and stay where you set it go through the calibration of both units again. If you are still having problems with the tilt and you purchased it used need I say more.

There are still videos on YouTube that can help you with calibrations.

thank you bro, i decided to not spend time and money on this older model and just boght the P3P , waiting for it to arive :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik