Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Zenmuse H3-3D GoPro Hero4 facing down

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by Davidov, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Davidov

Hello All, I am new to drones and my Phanthom 2 crashed in to a field and damaged the upper bracket on the Zenmuse H3-3D, I changed the bracket but now on power up the gimbal faces the GoPro downwards and a red led shows on the gimbal. I have updated the reset the gimbal and updated the firmware but still have the same problem. I checked that the tilt motor shaft had not slackened off in the crash but still have the same problem. Any advice would be most appreciated, thanks in advance. David.

Attached Files:

2. jason

Does the gimbal go through its calibration when the P2 is powered up? Have you calibrated X1 (tilt control) in both the RC and P2 assistant software? Have you checked closely that the ribbon cable under the tilt motor hasn't been damaged?

If after checking everything above and it still doesn't work then you should do a factory reset as in the following video.

If after doing the reset and you no longer see the gimbal in the upgrades you'll need to log into DJI site for the software.

Let me know what the results are.

3. Davidov

Thanks Jason, I did the factory reset of the gimbal and calibrated X11 on the RC software. I'll try the whole process in the morning again.

4. jason

You'll also need to do an advanced IMU calibration as well since you crashed.

5. Davidov

Thanks Jason, I reset the gimbal and re-installed the firmware again and the GoPro is level now with the gimbal responding to movement .The led is still red on the rear of the gimbal though.

6. jason

The red LED is normal for the gimbal.

7. Davidov

Ok Jason, Thanks for your help.

8. jason

Good to hear you have it operational again. I'm busy setting up three cameras for the eclipse this afternoon.