Your top speed with your P3?

I clocked just under 55mph yesterday with some pretty heavy tailwinds, in ATTI mode.

I haven't been able to get much faster than about 35 or so in P mode,. which makes me think that it is limited in that mode.

I clocked just under 55mph yesterday with some pretty heavy tailwinds, in ATTI mode.

I haven't been able to get much faster than about 35 or so in P mode,. which makes me think that it is limited in that mode.
I have done 45-50 in P, but not lately. Not sure if that's because it's been low winds when I fly or a firmware change.

You are just going to tell someone they are wrong with no explanation?

Yes, if you read my original post I tested it. What more of an explanation do you need?
This is my phantom were talking about, I can't speak for others.

You are correct. It is limited in P Mode.

53.5 mph with my P3A in GPS Mode...

With 2 miles of empty farm fields... :)

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Mine was a camera until I got horizon tilt.. Now I'm just trying to stay interested.
Should be easy to fix with a gimbal calibration. If not straightening in post is a piece of cake....

Yes, if you read my original post I tested it. What more of an explanation do you need?
This is my phantom were talking about, I can't speak for others.
Looks like a firmware update changed this behavior. Tailwind used to push the phantom faster even in P mode. I tested this tonight and it is indeed throttled now.

I've never seen over 38 MPH, but I haven't been trying for higher speeds. One time I heard a train coming and was pushing it to get to the tracks a mile away, but didn't look at the speed. Seems like they cover ground pretty fast even at 35 MPH though because you can cut corners. LOL It would be cool to have air speed indicators. I was flying here in Western Montana yesterday. What a beautiful day.

DJI_0008.JPG

Reactions: JickMagger
56.6 on Sunday. Blew my mind! It gets out of range quick at that speed...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

50.4 mph with a tailwind in atti mode. Firmware 1.6, it was a warm day so it wasn't limiting the speed

68.9 in ATTI mode w/15-20 MPH tail wind @ 400ft. It sustained this for nearly 2 miles. The trip back was ~15mph. Make sure you have enough battery! When returning to home, just lower your altitude 100-150ft for a speed increase!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4