Your highest altitude flown?

I was under the impression that aiming at the phantom is not good because the antenna has a dead spot from the tip straight up

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

7,850 but I did take off from 7,650, so 200 for me too :p

Reactions: Hughie
I was under the impression that aiming at the phantom is not good because the antenna has a dead spot from the tip straight up

The null (low signal point) is off the end of the antenna. For best results the aircraft should be perpendicular to the antenna.

The null (low signal point) is off the end of the antenna. For best results the aircraft should be perpendicular to the antenna.

It does depend on what type of antenna, correct?

Was talking about stock dipole. Other antennas like helical design are going to be end firing.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Just over 1100' up stock. May have had more, don't remember. About 3300' out using iOS booster app. Over farm lands, houses miles away.

Stock p2v+

Phantom 3 DEFINITELY in future...

Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dji phantom fc40
based in new jersey US

You aim the sides of the controller/transmitter antenna towards the phantom and the topside of the range extender towards phantom. Thus gives best range

The 400 ft mark is not a law but a recommendation for safety. However, out in my neck of the woods there isn't any air traffic other then the commercial flights which I'm not worried about so I took it up as high as I could get for a photo. Not exactly sure what I got up too but it was around 1800 ft or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 390
The 400 ft mark is not a law
Yes it is. But it does depend in which country or jurisdiction you are flying. You should not assume that all readers of this forum live where you do

400ft for me. I'd like to go higher, but you never know what could happen.

After seeing quite a few unconfirmed youtube videos of Phantoms being flown to unbelievable heights, I wanted to see what other pilots on this forum would-honestly- say is the highest altitude you have flown your Phantom.
Here, in Canada, Transport Canada cautions that 400 feet is the limit, but we all know Phantoms are flown above that every day. Pretty hard to police the restriction.
If you are flying in a wide open space and your aircraft won't endanger anything , I don't really see any problem with seeing what it will do. Not something you would do very often, but perhaps every once in awhile.

Some of these youtube videos are unbelievable. I have my doubts when someone says they have flown their Phantom beyond 4,000 feet using stock equipment.

I have flown my Phantom II Vision Plus up to 1,080 feet on a clear day with light wind.
No problem at all with WiFi or any control.
Nice photos taken from that height.

How high have you flown?
any pics ?

I have done 650 miters. And I I'm pretty shear I have gone 800 miters unconfirmed. And I got permission from UP- HI that it was OK Because it is my God give right to seek him out.;)

UpOnTop.jpg
Somewhere around 8500 feet

dji phantom fc40
based in new jersey US

You aim the sides of the controller/transmitter antenna towards the phantom and the topside of the range extender towards phantom. Thus gives best range

Yes it is. But it does depend in which country or jurisdiction you are flying. You should not assume that all readers of this forum live where you do
Where is 400 feet max altitude for RC hobby craft a law? Link to the law please

Really, the 400 foot law discussion... AGAIN.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I thought the thread was about how high you've flown. Not whether it's legal or not. Sheesh.

Really, the 400 foot law discussion... AGAIN.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I thought the thread was about how high you've flown. Not whether it's legal or not. Sheesh.

you know some people just can't let go..... I learned long ago to look at it this way...
Frank_zpsb8bzyi4u.jpg

3,000 feet, come get me FAA. No but really, took it up 3,00 feet no problem with standard equipment OSD FPV and GoPro confirmation hehe.

Reactions: IflyinWY

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20