Helicopter Scare/Transport Canada Investigating

Please do open an insurance topic. I think it’s important. Maybe Harleydude will suggest a title. If not, maybe use “What do you think about insurance?” Thanks!
See post 17, is where he moved it to.

Reactions: DoomMeister
UPDATE TO THIS STORY..........

The official response from Transport Canada today is:

"The investigation remains ongoing."

Date of the Incident: August 3rd, 2019.

Passage of Time Between My Interview with Transport Canada and now: Over 4 months.

Unfortunately, Transport Canada has really dragged its feet on this case. I was interviewed by a TC representative on August 10th,2019.
So, over 4 months have gone by since my interview in which TC received all relevant information pertaining to this near miss involving my P4P and a Bell Jet Ranger operating well below 400 feet.
I have media contacts who are pursuing this story and putting pressure on TC to release what they have.
It should not take this long for Transport Canada to identify the helicopter and its owner. From there, TC can decide what course of action should be required.

In much more serious incidents involving a crashed aircraft and fatalities, Transport Canada-WITHIN 2 MONTHS of its investigation- would release 'Preliminary Findings'.
This case is pretty simple and yet I have not received anything from officials at Transport Canada.

Transport Canada created all kinds of publicity for its new UAV regulations when they came into effect on June 1st this year.

It's unfortunate they have been somewhat slack in following up on a unique case involving an aircraft that almost collided with a drone.........not the other way around.

I will update this story when there is a development.

Thanks to everyone who have followed this story with interest.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20