Phantom 4 Poor Radio Channel Quality/Transmission Issues

Reaction score
Hello all. First of all, I saw some posts with *similar* issues, but not exactly the same as mine, and I didn't want to hijack those posts... I apologize for starting a new one, but was hoping to get some assistance from this forum! I had contacted DJI via email and was not pleased with the response I received. DJI's final decision was to have me send it in and pay to get it repaired even though *I* did nothing to my Phantom 4 to cause this malfunction. It has never been crashed or water damaged, etc. It is in pristine condition. The only issue was me sending it to DJI to have them "fix it" in the first place due to their crappy firmware upgrade.

I had sent in my Phantom 4 (Best Buy Black Edition) just prior to the manufacturer warranty expiring, due to an issue when I went to do that horrible firmware upgrade that I had tried to avoid, and it had gotten stuck at 99%, no matter what I tried. DJI advised it was in fact a problem, and told me to send it to them. Several weeks later, I received it back. At this point, my warranty had expired. Then after getting it back, I started noticing when I would turn on the Phantom 4, the gimbal would randomly tilt down for no apparent reason, and I could not gain control of it... It appeared to be a random occurrence.

The *real* issue I started having after getting my drone back from DJI was that I started experiencing "poor radio channel quality" in areas that I had always frequently flown in without problems in the past. It would state "poor radio channel quality" and "strong interference detected. Be careful when flying long distances." This caused me to not be able to fly more than a few hundred feet without losing connection to my drone. I also tried flying my DJI Spark in the same location, and was able to do so without issues.

I initially used my iPad Pro 9.7" and then switched over to my iPhone 7 Plus, to see if both gave me the same issues, and they both did. Then, I flew my DJI Spark in the same exact spot to see if it had the same problem, but it did not. I also received "high wind" warnings, when it was a nice calm day, even when I was flying it at a low altitude. I do understand that there may be stronger winds the higher up you go, but it showed it at low altitudes, too. Please see the attached pictures of the Phantom 4 screen issue/radio transmission issue etc., and then the Spark one for comparison.

To fix it, I tried clearing the cache from within the app, tried going from auto channel control mode, to custom/manual, back to auto... Deleted items from my actual device to create more room... I switched from my iPad Pro 9.7' to my iPhone 7 Plus... I also made sure that the antennas were facing the correct way, per instructions given on a DJI instructional video on YouTube and in the owner's manual. This was flown by my house, in an area that I have flown in the past without any issues. I also flew at a park that I have flown in the past without issues. None of it helped. Thank you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

This last picture is my Spark, showing stable channels, compared to the Phantom 4
5.jpg

[QUOTE = "antnyp85, post: 1386338, member: 82410"] Lo siento, ¿qué quieres decir con SNS [/ QUOTE]

disculpa, las letras nada ...... mira la foto ....... Ok

::

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    623.3 KB · Views: 517
Hi antnyp85,
I have been dealing with the exact same issues since I updated the firmware on my P4 to 0700, I've rolled back the firmware to previous version and still need to try rolling back the controller firmware, I'm using my iPad mini 3 to fly and before ,just as you, I had no problems with signal and video interruption problems.
DJI seems to love to screw things up with their firmware updates.
Please feel free to give us both any input you think may help with these problems.
Thanks Guy's Your The BEST
SteveP55

Reactions: monkeyassault1980
Ok I just rolled back my Air Craft firmware from 0700 to the previous version and the RC to it's previous firmware and did a short flight around the neighborhood, it is for sure much better then it was before! just yesterday I flew at the park and as soon as I got like 100 meters away the video signal was cutting out and kept warning me disconnected, actually pissed me off, this bird has always flew great, so later today I will take it out to the park for a real test drive, I did notice that the DJI GO4 app after I rolled it all back that it said can not take off, TO bad I fly with Litchi and it took off and flew fine.... TO Bad DJI, if you'd stop screwing up our firmware maybe I'd fly with your app LOL.
Take Care Guy's
SteveP55

Well Guy's,
I finally got a chance to take my P4 out to check to see if rolling back my firmware on the bird and RC made any difference in my video feed and sad to say no difference, still cutting out on my iPad 3 mini, so now I don't know what to check? this thing has always had good quality video feed and now it keeps reloading my live view and screen goes half black then full view. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to leave me a note, I'm pretty sick over this.
Thanks Guy's
SteveP55

Well Guy's,
I finally got a chance to take my P4 out to check to see if rolling back my firmware on the bird and RC made any difference in my video feed and sad to say no difference, still cutting out on my iPad 3 mini, so now I don't know what to check? this thing has always had good quality video feed and now it keeps reloading my live view and screen goes half black then full view. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to leave me a note, I'm pretty sick over this.
Thanks Guy's
SteveP55
Um any change when you select custom channel,if no change try different usb cord,could be breaking down under load,have you tried this

Hi ianzone,
I have not tried using custom channel yet I'm going to today, my usb cord is brand new and is an Anker which is supposed to be one of the best made so I don't think that's the problem. I'll get back here after I fly today and try the custom channels.
Thanks for your input !
SteveP55

Hi skatemurai,
Seems like a lot of people are having these same problem, I'm still trying to figure out that problem with my P4 still !
Hopefully someone hear can help, these guy's Are GuRu's LOL Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers