Reaction score
Guys I realize that when I'm next to metal objects my drone will tell me to move to different locations and try again. I was on a hotel roof with few metal pillars behind me and that still did not work. I will be on a yacht day after tomorrow and I have no idea what to do when I get the same massage. ( Will be surrounded by metal objects ) Not much space to find a clear spot without any interference I am guessing. Any advice if i get that massage again. The yacht is not that big and i dont really want to lose my bird. Thank you in advance. Flying a P3P

how far out are you going? if < 200 miles, calibrate on the shore. I say 200mi because that's the farthest I've personally been w/o calibration. I'd imagine there are others who have gone farther.

So if you are flying many miles offshore calibrating on land and starting it up and flying when your out on the seas is the best / only option???

Never calibrate your compass in the presence of metal or other ferrous material. Only calibrate in known safe places. You are better off not calibrating if you cannot find a safe place.

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer | DJI Phantom Forum

The same applies for taking off. Do not take off near metal or other ferrous material. Further complicating matters is the IMU initialization requires the Phantom to be still for the first 10 or so seconds after power up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl