P3 Pro motors won't start

Reaction score
I understand this model is no longer supported by DJI, and a friend recommended this forum. I'm totally frustrated and hopeful that someone can help. We haven't played with my drone since pre-covid. (last flew in 2019) It was a nice day so I decided to haul it out and fly it over our property. I checked to see if there were any new software/firmware updates and the only thing that needed updating was the DJI GO software. Prior to updating the software, the drone was talking to the controller, and I could use the camera. I updated the software and thats when the problems began. My ipad was giving me a lost connection error and thanks to this forum I was able to use that multiple buttons fix to sync the controller and get it talking to the drone again. Everything looks great from the controller, no errors from the flight LEDS, I double checked the firmware and reinstalled the last known update (from 2017) just to be safe. Should be good right? NOPE! Darn thing will not let the motors start. I'm right on the edge of the 5 mile "no fly" limit to our county airport so I drove out a ways and found an open field to try and launch. Same problem. Everything looks good on the controller and the drone but when I pull down on the joysticks to launch, I get nothing. I'd hate to be the owner of a $1500 boat anchor and a new one isn't in the budget right now. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

G.T.

Have you tried moving both sticks down and IN instead of OUT? Or opposite of what you do normally. I’ve had it happen, don’t know why. If linked, it shouldn’t matter if the app or device is operational or even connected, it should start up and function with just the remote.

Have you tried moving both sticks down and IN instead of OUT? Or opposite of what you do normally. I’ve had it happen, don’t know why. If linked, it shouldn’t matter if the app or device is operational or even connected, it should start up and function with just the remote.
Yep! Tried that and just about every fix I could find on the forums. We actually got it to launch today using some instructions that were found on another site.
here's what the person said: "Try to remove the propellers and take outside away from metal. Turn your phone off and on (if that’s your means to view ). Make sure you’ve exited the Go App. I just go into store and it logs me off. When you set it down. Start up in this sequence, phone app, remote and then drone. I let it sit for a while till either till the home points set. I then tap on the top left GPS, and look for messages and go and recalibrate. It took a few times but finally got it to let me power up the props. Oh, and be sure to recalibrate the controller, and make sure to calibrate the camera controls as well".

When we followed his instructions something new showed up in the calibration process. We followed the prompts that appeared in the app and it told us to shut the drone for 5 minutes and then restart. 6 minutes later, BOOM! We were flying.

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Capt KO
Yep! Tried that and just about every fix I could find on the forums. We actually got it to launch today using some instructions that were found on another site.
here's what the person said: "Try to remove the propellers and take outside away from metal. Turn your phone off and on (if that’s your means to view ). Make sure you’ve exited the Go App. I just go into store and it logs me off. When you set it down. Start up in this sequence, phone app, remote and then drone. I let it sit for a while till either till the home points set. I then tap on the top left GPS, and look for messages and go and recalibrate. It took a few times but finally got it to let me power up the props. Oh, and be sure to recalibrate the controller, and make sure to calibrate the camera controls as well".

When we followed his instructions something new showed up in the calibration process. We followed the prompts that appeared in the app and it told us to shut the drone for 5 minutes and then restart. 6 minutes later, BOOM! We were flying.
Thanks, should prove helpful to others.

Reactions: brigerdrones

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj