WTB: Phantom 3 Standard Roll Arm/Yaw Arm/Ribbon Cable

Reaction score
Like the thread title says. Looking for a Phantom 3 STANDARD roll arm, yaw arm and ribbon cable. From what I understand the yaw arm is the same for P3S/P3P/P3A, but the roll arm I know is not. Not sure about the ribbon cable. I wouldn't mind a milled aluminum aftermarket piece but I have absolutely zero luck locating one. I know there are 3D printed plastic parts all over eBay. Strictly looking for a metal aftermarket one or a used original DJI part.

T-bock on this forum prints them. My yaw arm from him works great and its probly stronger than the cheap potted dji material which snapped like a twig in a grass autoland. Check him out

I've seen T-bocks replacement 3D printed parts. It seems like he may be my only option as no one makes metal ones. Kinda wanted to make everything match on the gimbal incase I do plan on selling the drone.

I'm sure you'll find it. IMO i would stay away from original gimble metal. As i said mine broke with what i would consider a easy landing in grass. I think this metal is thin, fragile, brittle, and meant to break. I was skeptic about the 3-d printed pcs. But after handling them i feel they can survive a harder crash than OEM gimble metal parts.

Thanks for getting my name out there guys. I'd like to remind everyone of another great feature. I send free replacements for for all my printed parts. Doesn't matter if your dog eats it. It's free. You'll never need to buy another arm again.

Here's the facts. The p3s yaw and roll are both different from the p3p/a. There are lots of changes on the roll, but only a couple on the yaw. The stem of the yaw arm is 2mm longer on the horizontal and 1.5mm on the vertical. This doesn't sound like much, but the ribbon fits pretty crappy if you don't use the right arm. You can't tell by pictures.

I think ATKdrones.com is the only one to offer a metal p3s yaw arm, but you'll need to make sure before you buy. Most sellers will tell you they have the p3s arm because they want your money. Make them tell you what the difference is. As far as I know, nobody makes the p3s roll arm except for me. They sell the p3p/a arm and say it works for the standard, but it only gets the job done. It's 1.5mm longer and some screw locations don't lign up. If you care more about metal than you do strength, you can use the p3p roll arm.

And don't go cheap on the ribbon cable. You might as well throw the $10 straight in the trash an save time and shipping ;0)

The ATK cable is the best option, genuine DJI is in second place in both price and quality. I haven't found any others that don't scramble the video feed or cause the motors to twitch.

Thanks for all the info Tbock, I got a great deal on an entire camera brand new so I bit on the deal and will just probably sell my damaged camera here. Too many factors involved and I really don't want to have something malfunction mid flight. Sucks that my first time flying the P3S and I clipped a branch of a tree 4 feet off the ground broke the roll arm off of the motor and tore the ribbon cable. Thank god everything landed in the grass and the drone itself is fine, the camera has no damage to it other than what I mentioned above. Not even a scratch on it.

Thanks T . I have your product and i actually did not know u offered free replacement, to me that makes it a no brain decision! And for those of you that think the white plastic is cheesy i gotta say it actually looks pretty freakin cool on there. Gives it a nice accent with the phantom shell. And lets get real, the dji gimble is already kinda cheesy!

I went with white because it's too hard to match the silver. I guess I could take advantage of the winter slowdown and print some colors. I have a bunch of options. What do you guys want?

White is a sweet contrast with white shell, i imagine black or red would be next in line for those with painted or dipped shells

Black looks kinda bad in my opinion.

Here are the options I have on hand.

White
Red
Forest green
Neon green
Blue
Orange
Yellow
Pink
Purple
Black
Silver (more of a dark grey)

I could also print the gimbal holder bracket that screws to the bottom of the copter.

That's usually a damaged ribbon cable, but I've seen a few gimbal mainboards do that too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic