Wow why didnt anyone ever tell me about this

I like his videos too, but isn't that in all manuals? You guys serious you never saw it before? And it is not rocket science: it is a simple math formula with nothing to do with batt life. Unless you believe it is only good for 200 charges?
Do you have any detail of the life formula? I would appreciate if you could share, i haven’t managed to find anything. It’s for curiosity value more than anything, cell balance and last recorded capability are seemingly the most reliable indicators of pack health.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I pressed my battery button (ooo... err... Mr's [emoji14]) and one battery light was dead and the other started blinking so I am guessing i have 50 odd battery life left, yet the app says I have around 86% or does that sequence mean just that?

Reactions: tevek
I have a battery that has one solid led and one blinking. Yet the Go App shows 3800mah capacity left. Been using it with no issues! Do I believe the Go App or the battery test?

I pressed my battery button (ooo... err... Mr's [emoji14]) and one battery light was dead and the other started blinking so I am guessing i have 50 odd battery life left, yet the app says I have around 86% or does that sequence mean just that?
That was close... I still use the numbers in my flight data but my test was with fully charged batteries and they were pretty close to each other interpreting the lights flashing up. May have to dust off the manual that went into a cupboard somewhere 12 months ago..

That was close... I still use the numbers in my flight data but my test was with fully charged batteries and they were pretty close to each other interpreting the lights flashing up. May have to dust off the manual that went into a cupboard somewhere 12 months ago..
Lol now it's confusing. Do we trust the blinking lights or the percentage read outs?

For me I will use the percentage read outs. When the battery gets to 55% overall life I will keep it for doing updates and maybe slefies. Wouldnt trust it on a litchi mission tho lol

Reactions: captainstubbie
If you are looking at your logs the last known capacity (compared at rated mah) and number and magnitude of cell voltage differences during flight are far more reliable indicators than some arbitrary life % that DJI have never explained the means if derivation for or significance of.

In the video he warns about flying with less than 90% life left, seems counter intuitive and maybe his flight that he almost lost it was unrelated to the less than 90% life?

I've seen a lot of micbergsma videos, he is great and explaining things and does a great service for viewers

In the video he warns about flying with less than 90% life left, seems counter intuitive and maybe his flight that he almost lost it was unrelated to the less than 90% life?

I've seen a lot of micbergsma videos, he is great and explaining things and does a great service for viewers
Thinking the same. I have 86% left on my battery and it still does everything like it's new. Maybe he got a dud battery. Personally I will stick to the overall life of the battery. When it gets to 55% then I will call it quits and keeps it for updates. Or unless the cells are bad.

Do you have any detail of the life formula? I would appreciate if you could share, i haven’t managed to find anything. It’s for curiosity value more than anything, cell balance and last recorded capability are seemingly the most reliable indicators of pack health.

Attached. Formulas shown on top of columns. REAL life is FULL capacity as shown in dji app divided by nominal battery rated mah new capacity. Quite the difference you can see!

Attachments

• DJI BATTERY.jpg
    DJI BATTERY.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 618
I think the bigger question is at what point do you need to worry using that formula?

My opinion? NEVER. There seem to be 2 bottom lines for our batteries:

1) FULL capacity left shown in PC app; if it is a 5200mah NEW and it gets down to 3000mah, this just means the total LENGTH of flight will no longer be 10 minutes but rather 3000/5200*10 minutes. At some point you will get tired of the short run and decide to dump that battery.

2) Even with good FULL marks, some batteries get a bad cell: it can cause the output to go from fully charged (100%) down to dangerous level (like the OP video showed) in SECONDS or a few minutes: get rid of THIS battery NOW. THIS is the dangerous battery, and none of those "life left" cute numbers mean squat.

the thing about the manual is you read it through when you first get it, then all your re-reading is on critical features or worries you have and battery life isn't top of the list when shiny new batteries are being unpacked. I, for one, read it, then forgot it. Regardless, there are tricks and tips that are posted on youtube and micbergsma is a good resource for lots of interesting things.

Reactions: yorlik and Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl