Would you upgrade to a new phantom, **P4**?

Will you upgrade to the new P4 when released?

• Yes I will upgrade and sell my older gear

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Yes I will upgrade and retain my older gear

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • No I will not upgrade and retain my older gear

Votes: 64 52.9%
  • I will upgrade to a higher class model (Inspire, Spreading Wings)

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
I probably won't get another quad unless I crash mine. I don't really get into videos and photographs, not interested in starting a business either. I just get a kick out of sending this little bugger on missions far away and watching the FPV view from above. Each time in comes home safely I feel like my son has returned, if that makes sense. Lol. Technology and gadgets like these P3's are neat. I fly RC jets mostly, but got the bug for a quad after my dad got me a parrot 2.0 a few years back.

Reactions: Albert D
I have enjoyed my P3Pro for the short time I've had it and I'll be using it for a long time to come (since i've invested $2k in it already). I doubt I'll upgrade either to the P4 or the inspire. DJI seems mostly about photos and video which is originally what I thought I wanted. Now I see that its the flying I enjoy so I'll likely move in the direction of a more capable drone. So no complaints about the P3 but a P4 is not on my wish list.

I was on the DJI site today and see they now have a Phantom 4K. It looks like it is the same as the P3P but with the added capability to stream the video via its own WiFi channel

I was on the DJI site today and see they now have a Phantom 4K. It looks like it is the same as the P3P
It's actually quite different. You can compare them here.

I was on the DJI site today and see they now have a Phantom 4K. It looks like it is the same as the P3P but with the added capability to stream the video via its own WiFi channel

Looks even less capable than the P3S other than the camera, its located at the bottom of the Phantom lineage on the DJI site.

My credit card will be ready :) but I'm still enjoying my Phantom 3 standard

After seeing how little my entire customized P2, customized radio, Attitude V2 goggles, and Flysight 7" monitor were worth when the P3 came out...I can't see upgrading to the new one anytime soon. My P3P is awesome and does just fine. The only thing that would make it even remotely worth upgrading, would be better flight time and obstacle avoidance (like AdvRider stated).

I'm saving up my money to buy a Predator . I promise to avoid no-fly zones, try not to exceed 400ft AGL and to limit collateral damage when firing the Hellfire missiles.

Reactions: Albert D
The P3P I purchased in Dec 2015 is my first quad. I never flew any RC aircraft before, despite being a 40 year aviation veteran in the Coast Guard and Airlines. The P3P still blows me away and I am learning every day. As with piloted aviation, it's all about air time. I really don't see me upgrading to anything in the immediate future.

Reactions: Cale262
The P3P I purchased in Dec 2015 is my first quad. I never flew any RC aircraft before, despite being a 40 year aviation veteran in the Coast Guard and Airlines. The P3P still blows me away and I am learning every day. As with piloted aviation, it's all about air time. I really don't see me upgrading to anything in the immediate future.

You should get yourself a nice little <$100 micro/mini quad that doesn't have GPS etc. and learn to fly it just for the challenge. The Phantom pretty much flies itself, we just tell it where we would like it to go ;)

Agree. I started with the lower technology quad before I got my P3P and learning to fly that was great training (and challenging). I believe those skills have saved me from a couple close calls with my P3P.

Reactions: Cale262

NO!
it has the REDUCED capacity to stream via wifi

P3PRO had digital LIGHTBRIDGE video and data link to quad from RC
FAR superior range, quality, quality, range etc....

The 4K is the standard with a better camera basicly
The P3 Pro is still top of Phantom line for many reasons

good luck and have fun flying!

I know, eh? Hahaha
Perhaps if the camera could be removed and turn off its GPS & other ability hardware... ;-)

I realize the Phantom 3 is a very first RC anything, for some folks here. Ah, so I can understand their sheer excitement and wonder of it all. But having experienced it, leaves a bit to be desired for me. Wish they could be flown in unison, and one recording the others acrobatics. Hehe

RedHotPoker
You could, like this. Different manufacturer, same principal.

SD

You could, like this. Different manufacturer, same principal.

SD
That is just plain cool. A Novel approach to self enlightenment. Hahaha
Yeah, I could do something like that. Thanks for posting this. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hello All,

I am a proud owner of a Phantom 3 Adv and have been for the last several months, It has been an amazing device and was well worth it when I purchased it towards the end of last year. With the CES conference just passed and no new developments/releases (except for P34K) from DJI, to me it looks like a new phantom maybe on the near of being released as of the exceptionally low store prices....

I am just going to ask what your guys thoughts are on when the new device comes out, wether it be next week or in several months time.

What is your plan for you upgrading?

Will you? - Sell the P3 then purchase the newer model?
- Keep your P3 and purchase the newer model?
- Or just not upgrade at all?

This thread is open to all discussion on this topic, feel free to express your opinion

Thanks

Liam
I plan to purchase the P4.. pro or whatever the top version is and keep the P3Pro in reserve or for more risky video spots... better battery... stronger motors and maybe a better lens on the camera would all be good improvements. Don't care if it does or does not have retractable landing gear... but I'm IN...

Bought a P3 after Xmas paid top $ -- waited 6 plus weeks to get it... price drops and then DJI announces a P4. Awesome. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik