Tablets , Tablets, .....TABLETS!

• Thread starter Deleted member 120408
  • Start date
For the 2016 10.1" model (the model in my list), the only difference between the P580 and P585 is one has a SIM card. Other than a very slight difference in the size and weight, all other specs are the same.

The processor is the same for all 2016 models. And if you decide to buy the 2GB model (not the recommended model in my list), then you might run into performance issues depending on how the tablet and DJI GO are configured.

I can see how one could be easily confused if reading comments on the Internet that say things like "the Samsung Tab A doesn't work". Without knowing the exact model being used, it would be impossible to tell if it's the model in my list.
That was my point. Maybe a * pointing to the fact that there are 2GB models buyer beware.

Your list is great, don't take what I said as a slight. It was in no way meant to be. I think between the list and lack of detail in posts here not mentioning year model, 2GB vs. 3GB for that particular model it can create confusion.

There are so many different models of tablets (and phones), and so many different variations of the same models it would be a Herculean task to 1. List them all, and 2. Keep a comprehensive and complete compatibility list up-to-date... and new devices are constantly being introduced

Of course, IMO, Mr Singer does a fantastic job of keeping his website current

Your list is great, don't take what I said as a slight. It was in no way meant to be.
Right -- I know you're only trying to help. I just don't know how helpful it would if I include an * to mention that people should not buy tablets from other years, that have different processors, different RAM, etc. I list the exact tablet specs and even provide a link to the specific tablet.

Last edited:
So it seems there are several versions, if not more, of the same tablet. SM-T580 wifi, SM-T585, SM-P580 WiFi and SM-P585 lte/wifi. Literature I'm seeing from Samsung in the US shows 2016 T580 also having 2GB RAM. Shows the only versions with 3GB as S-Pen only version, SM-P580 wifi & SM-P585 lte/wifi. That's kind of my point, it leaves a huge gray area in the realm of just pick one from the list. I'm sure regulars here are sick of seeing the same tablet questions asked over and over just like new users are sick of perusing umpteen threads of information/disinformation and the like all to buy a tablet from 3 years ago. True I purchased my drone used to spend a little to see if I even cared but what if I had spent $1800.00 or more on a P4P? Still 3yr old tablets and crossing my fingers?

Could you possibly verify your model please? About phone, in settings should do the trick.
Is this what look for
Screenshot_20190703-075107.jpg

Right -- I know you're only trying to help. I just don't know how helpful it would if I include an * to mention that people should not buy tablets from others years, that have different processors, different RAM, etc. I list the exact tablet specs and even provide a link to the specific tablet.
Yea, buyer beware is a bit harsh, I should have said buyer be aware. You do list the exact model. I wonder how many even voted for it even if they had the T580 or T585.

My god what an awesome list! We owe you a beer or 27! Thank you so much!
U DA MAAN!
I had trouble with my faithful iPad 4 128 immediately after buying my M2pro, guess the 1080 stream was too much. 3 min in, hot day, cpu overload! Bought the iPad 5 all good now! No hiccups since.
By the way if you loose the display you could be changing underware too while trying to bring you bird back home. “Plan for the worst and you’re never disappointed!” Sure applies here!

The Galaxy Tab A 10.1" SM-P580 I purchased as a dedicated tablet arrived today and works very well. No need to make any changes in dev mode just plug in and go. I disabled all of the crapware and will be rooting to completely remove all uneccessary apps but really it wasn't needed in order to efficiently run the dji go and auto load and recognize the p3p ac. All is good for a fraction of the cost of iPads. To each his own but I'd rather spend my cash on batteries and fly more.
Again thanks for everyone's suggestions and of course "the list.". [emoji16]

Reactions: msinger
There are lots of tablets that will work. See my list at the link below. It would be better to choose a device that has good specs and votes to show it's more commonly used.

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)
There is a serious gap in that list undermining its reliability.

For every model with the same name, of a specific device, there are or can be different variants (versions) and these variants can make the big difference between compatible and not compatible.
An example I know very well is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

This name is not enough (apart from the two different sizes, 8" and 9.7").
There are different variants that are defined by the numerical alpha symbol printed, or attached, on the back.
I had already written it elsewhere, it seems to me to have wrote on the sand near the see.
Different electronics, Chipset, CPU, GPU, have their importance and influence on the behavior.
These are some, not all, the different versions of Galaxy Tab S2, and each version name begins with the suffix SM- (for example: SM-T815).

8 inch:
T710 [Wi-Fi], T715 [4G/LTE] and T713 [Wi-Fi], T719 [4G/LTE]

9.7 inch:
T810 [Wi-Fi], T815 [4G/LTE] and T813 [Wi-Fi], T819 [4G/LTE]
------
▶️ Compatible: T710, T715, T810, T815 ◀️
------
NOT compatible, or with great difficulties and unstabilities are the others, with 13 and 19.

So here I am a new P3P owner and a not so shabby techie/guru *eye rolls* and for the life of me I cannot pull the trigger on a tablet to buy for dedicated use. We've got several entry level Samsung's and they work sometimes right off the bat and others I can spend 20 minutes changing settings and startup procedure with zero luck. My Pixel 2XL works right off the bat every time. However, I prefer a larger screen in the 9" or larger range. I've seen DJI's list and it seems to be some very old released tablets and I've seen the helper list but still am confused. Even the top liked/used tablets seem to have their fair share of documented issues based on forum searches. In the same thread one person's will work and the other person's will not. Why so many issues? I don't really want to purchase an Apple product but it seems I will have to in order to have some form of stability. It may be far fetched to expect DJI to support more devices especially newer devices but when your product is built around these devices to navigate and enjoy it then to me it seems a bit counter productive to not investigate why products will for work for some bit not others or not at all. Obviously , RAM, CPU, and end-user knowledge are high on the list of some failures. I've seen post of tablets working perfectly for 6 months and even highly recommended tablets and then for whatever reason they stop working. Issues I'm concerned about are the USB comm failures. Inconsistency of the same model device on the scale I have seen here points to some serious software engineering issues, faults or lack of support, either way ending in poor user experience. I would spend money if I could get a definitive answer. I see guys using brand new P4Pv2 with 5 year old tablets without issue and 2 year old tablets that are "spec'd" to meet the demand easily will fail?

Is there a tablet besides the overpriced DJI monitors that is clearly the most stable choice for today's P3P and even tomorrow's P4P?

I have read the lists. I lose confidence when the top rated Android device has just as many failure posts as others.

I'm not a fan of Apple products and never have been, but for drones the Apple offerings are second to none. If you're just going to use the Go and/or Go4 app, almost any iPad with a Lightning™ interface will work. If you're going to use third-party waypoint apps, you'll need something in the Gen 2 range.

I have 3 iPads and they work 100% of the time. If you're looking for a tool and not a toy, don't phuck around with anything else.

D

NOT compatible, or with great difficulties and unstabilities are the others, with 13 and 19
The 13 and 19 models are not on my list. As you can see, I only listed models from 2015.

UPDATE:
I added the compatible model numbers below the link. If anyone else knows of any devices that have confusing model numbers, let me know so I can list the compatible models below the device name.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Apple products and never have been, but for drones the Apple offerings are second to none. If you're just going to use the Go and/or Go4 app, almost any iPad with a Lightning™ interface will work. If you're going to use third-party waypoint apps, you'll need something in the Gen 2 range.

I have 3 iPads and they work 100% of the time. If you're looking for a tool and not a toy, don't phuck around with anything else.

D
I also thought the same, for a few months.
Then I changed my mind, for various reasons that are attributable to the various operational forcing imposed by Apple that are unbearable.
The last straw of my patience, my iPad mini 4 does not allow me to delete unnecessary files and folders, this operating system is absurd and ridiculous and now the DJI GO v3.XX app, with which I wanted to do a test of the Phantom 3 Pro, it doesn't open anymore.
Being always disconnected from the web during the past use, now turned back on after a year, always in airplane mode, this new surprise is presented.
And I work mainly with MacOS, for at least 25 years, I have no OS preclusion or prejudice...

So here I am a new P3P owner and a not so shabby techie/guru *eye rolls* and for the life of me I cannot pull the trigger on a tablet to buy for dedicated use. We've got several entry level Samsung's and they work sometimes right off the bat and others I can spend 20 minutes changing settings and startup procedure with zero luck. My Pixel 2XL works right off the bat every time. However, I prefer a larger screen in the 9" or larger range. I've seen DJI's list and it seems to be some very old released tablets and I've seen the helper list but still am confused. Even the top liked/used tablets seem to have their fair share of documented issues based on forum searches. In the same thread one person's will work and the other person's will not. Why so many issues? I don't really want to purchase an Apple product but it seems I will have to in order to have some form of stability. It may be far fetched to expect DJI to support more devices especially newer devices but when your product is built around these devices to navigate and enjoy it then to me it seems a bit counter productive to not investigate why products will for work for some bit not others or not at all. Obviously , RAM, CPU, and end-user knowledge are high on the list of some failures. I've seen post of tablets working perfectly for 6 months and even highly recommended tablets and then for whatever reason they stop working. Issues I'm concerned about are the USB comm failures. Inconsistency of the same model device on the scale I have seen here points to some serious software engineering issues, faults or lack of support, either way ending in poor user experience. I would spend money if I could get a definitive answer. I see guys using brand new P4Pv2 with 5 year old tablets without issue and 2 year old tablets that are "spec'd" to meet the demand easily will fail?

Is there a tablet besides the overpriced DJI monitors that is clearly the most stable choice for today's P3P and even tomorrow's P4P?

I have read the lists. I lose confidence when the top rated Android device has just as many failure posts as others.

I prefer my iPhone to my iPad. Easier to work with and less glare issues.

I have been using my Samsung 9.7" tablet. 8 core. Model Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, (SM-T813)(64 GB) In addition to a (128 or 256 GB micro SD plug in chip) very successfully since my first P3P in late 2015. I have three P3P. I have gone thru all the firmware updates over that period, and am using the latest firmware in all three now. Very stable. I did need to use an I-thing for some of the firmware updates. The DJI Go android App had bugs to do the updates at the time. I mostly fly with the Litchi App and Airdata.com.
I hope this helps you.
Joe
KC7GHT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4