Windows (7 and 10) not recognizing P4 when plugged in

I finally had the DJI GO 4 install with the tablet ? After that , all the update have succeeds.

Thank you for your help !

This still doesn't solve your original problem. If you still can't connect your drone to a Windows machine, then your original problem still exists. If "updating the drone" was your original objective, you should've said that in the first place. You would've been told to "do that through the iPad/Android app" weeks ago and saved a lot of people a lot of time.

D

Dear HarleyDude ! ( '' saved a lot of people a lot of time '' )

The only one who answered me is ''t65d'' !

I know you will have some more comment to add ( 622 messages in nearly 2 years ), express yourself !

Like i said earlier :

I decided to instal DJI GO 4 and want to do the up date of the firmware.
I first use DJI assistant 2 , as recommend and my laptop don't recognize the P4.
Yes i have window 7 , the same one i always use and the original usb cable.
I try many time , uninstal & reinstal DJI GO 4 and try a few other cable but no results.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not very computer literate, but I tried several times to update from DJI GO to GO 4 by installing '' DJI assistant 2 ''
I tried several times without success, after 99% of update, it marked '' UP DATE FAILED '' and a button '' RETRY '' appeared. After trying again several times, I decided to reconnect the tablet and try the update with the Firmware and I succeeded without having connected with the drone by PC before ???

I probably missed something! Thank You ! (Merci !)

@marsyl,
When I read his post to you, I looked through the thread a couple of times. I think he thought you were the OP.

I didn't say anything in case I was missing something.

Rod

Last edited:
Win10 sucks. first disable driver signing
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Windows 10 doesn't suck. It's probably just different to what you're used to.

Disabling driver signing is a removing a security measure. This shouild not be done, because DJI should recognise not every one of their customers run MACs! Also, they should read emails and listen to the countless who have complained about it. Security on a PC is an important factor. This, as it's core, it a DJI software issue they should have fixed YEARS ago when the jew Assistant 2 released...

RoOSTA

Reactions: Harleydude
Windows 10 doesn't suck. It's probably just different to what you're used to.

Disabling driver signing is a removing a security measure. This shouild not be done, because DJI should recognise not every one of their customers run MACs! Also, they should read emails and listen to the countless who have complained about it. Security on a PC is an important factor. This, as it's core, it a DJI software issue they should have fixed YEARS ago when the jew Assistant 2 released...

RoOSTA

Wow hostile much, win10 won’t work with the dji com port, so disabling driver signing is the only option. Try adding something positive to the thread instead of berating me for showing how to get something working

Reactions: RodPad
I have tried this with 3 P4 drones and 5 different computers all running DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. 4 were running Windows 10 and one was pulled from mothballs running 7. I have tried both the current version of assistant and the previous. The issue isn't with version number of either the OS or the software. It seems that none of my computers even recognize that the drones are plugged into the USB port (yes I have tried 7 or 8 different cables). Windows device manager does not register a new device plugged in. All three drones have freshly formatted sd cards installed. I am able to connect them to the controller and tablet and fly with no issues beyond getting an alert to calibrate on one drone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers and even tried this on a computer that has never has never been used for anything with a fresh Windows install. I do not have a Mac available to use.

I welcome any and all assistance.

Steve
Hi Steve, I have the same problem and have not been using my 2000$ DJI kit for ages due to not being able to resolve the above, I did the same than you tried on many computers, OS, drivers...etc everything in this thread and no luck, thinking of replacing the mother board of the drone in desperation of having lost 2K.... You never posted again on this, have you found a solution? Please tell me if you have, cause its so frustrating... HELP! ! !

I recently upgraded to Windows 11. To edit and create clips from quadcopter footage, I want to download the DJI GO 4 to my PC. What is the easiest way to do this?

Reactions: DanBond
Download the Andriod app emulator to teach the DJI GO 4 to work on your computer. I had it not work on Windows 10. After replacing the motherboard, I had to dig through a bunch of sites to get the windows 11 key. To make it easy to install and run Android apps on a PC, the best app is Bluestacks. After successfully downloading and installing Bluestacks, accept the EULA and follow the instructions on the screen. If you do everything correctly, the program will be installed successfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... That was a great video, but it didn't work. Thanks.
I just solved the same problem. Tried a new(used) p4p. It wouldn't connect to Assistant 2 for phantom. Tried another p4p that had connected previously and it would not connect. Tried with my wife's computer and still no connection. Finally tried a new USB cable and my problems went away.

Hey Steve! It's frustrating when you feel like you've exhausted all possible solutions and still can't get things to work. One thing that comes to mind is whether you've tried activating Windows on the computers you're using. S
Welcome to the Forum!

Please go to: Introductions

Let us know what you are flying or going to?

Rod

I came across your comment about Windows not recognizing the P4 when plugged in, and it seems you're still facing difficulties despite the previous suggestions. I understand your frustration, and it's important to address the original problem effectively.
Welcome to the Forum!

Who's comment?
This thread started Jan 2020. 👌

Rod ..

Reactions: Harleydude
Hey there! It sounds like you're dealing with a frustrating issue. I remember having compatibility problems too when I was on Windows 7 and 10. If you're open to an upgrade, considering Windows 11 might be a good idea. I found a cheap Windows 11 key online, and it made the transition smoother for me. Plus, it might solve the P4 recognition problem.

Last edited:
I had a similar struggle with my P4 drones on Windows 10. Tried all the usual suspects like different cables, fresh installs, and whatnot. It's like my computers were playing hide-and-seek with the drones! But here's a twist: stumbled upon forum, and someone suggested grabbing a windows 11 key cheap. I was skeptical but thought, why not? Surprisingly, it made a difference! My PC suddenly started recognizing the drones like old pals at a reunion. I know, sounds weird, right? But hey, when you're in tech trouble, you try anything. Just wanted to share my quirky fix—maybe it'll work for you too.

Last edited:
I finally got to the end of this thread. It took 2 cups of coffee and a bathroom break. If you can't use DJI Assistant 2, I see future problems. How will he be able to properly calibrate the vision sensors. I consider that a real issue. I have 3 laptops all running on Windows 10 and have never had an issue. The laptops are all of different ages and different brands. My Alienware is my favorite however my wife's Dell laptop is much faster. Anytime I had an issue connecting to my laptop it was a gimbal issue.
disclaimer: my opinions are my own and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I finally got to the end of this thread. It took 2 cups of coffee and a bathroom break. If you can't use DJI Assistant 2, I see future problems. How will he be able to properly calibrate the vision sensors. I consider that a real issue. I have 3 laptops all running on Windows 10 and have never had an issue. The laptops are all of different ages and different brands. My Alienware is my favorite however my wife's Dell laptop is much faster. Anytime I had an issue connecting to my laptop it was a gimbal issue.
disclaimer: my opinions are my own and should be taken with a grain of salt.
As a person who repairs computers, I concur with your assertions and share the same experience. Issues with connecting the Phantom to one's laptop is more-than-likely a symptom of a deeper problem. Driver issues account for a good portion of the remote support I give. They can be confusing and elude most people. If I see consistent driver issues, it's usually due to corrupt system files, which is usually do to some kind of past or present virus activity. It's an onion with many layers that's usually too complex to walk laymen through.

I would say if one is going to fly drones for a living, one should get VERY comfortable with one's computer.

D

Reactions: Droneted and RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.