Will This Litchi Waypoint Survive?

Reaction score
So I want to fly my Phantom 3 Standard with the litchi app. Now I have used waypoints before and all so I know what I am doing. Tomorrow we should have around 3-8 mph wind and I want to try a kinda long waypoint.

Waypoint info:
Distance- 15,642ft in total. (There and back)
Altitude- 100ft
Time- 13min
------------
Will this get there and back with a 100% battery level or not?

Just make sure your battery is fully charged. I've done waypoints up to 2.5 miles round trip and had 50% or more battery upon completion. My longest flight using DJI Go is 22,628ft./4.82 miles at 19 minutes and had a little battery to spare.

Had 41% battery after 21,216ft. - 4.018 miles

Yeah you should make it, I do a 6 Klm regular trip and make it back before the smart RTH kicks in. Keep an eye on your battery level and signal, if you still have it and get ready to abort and bring it back.

Thanks for the replies!
Like another said, 100 feet? Unless you flying over a corn field or something, that's too low. More like 200 feet as a min. and 400 feet as a max.

Like another said, 100 feet? Unless you flying over a corn field or something, that's too low. More like 200 feet as a min. and 400 feet as a max.
My town dose not have many high buildings at all. We only have 2 antenna towers which aren't in the way and water towers here are like 50 ft

My town dose not have many high buildings at all. We only have 2 antenna towers which aren't in the way and water towers here are like 50 ft

Seeing as many waypoint missions that had a crash mid flight on here, I'd probably run the mission at 200' at least and then review the video to ensure I did not have any close calls.

A 50' water tower seems very short, are those municipal water tanks or private?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Agree with the previous post, its not feasible for a water tower to only be 50 feet tall. And even though the waypoint mission doesn't require RC connectivity to complete, you want to try to keep that connection for video feedback and some features of even a waypoint mission, and that will be more difficult at such a low altitude.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

50'feet of separation is very very low. I would. Do 150 feet minimum to clear any obstacle by 100ft. A good gust of wind or you making some stick error doesn't give you much leeway. However if you are no here near the tower I'd go for it. Keep in mind the closer you are to buildings and towers the more interference you may get.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.