Why Phantoms sometime Fall out of the sky !

I too don't want to fly in the rain. I also don't want to out a wet suit on my bird. Have you thought of making a seal just for the battery?

That would have been easy but not taken us toward are goal. : To stop the water from getting inside the drone .
What would you do with the side holes?
What would you do with and the wide open gimbal ring opening,
What would you do with the electronics in the legs
What would you do with the lower vents
What would you do with the water run off onto the camera.

What makes the Phantom Rain Wet Suit so powerful is the accumulation of increasing the Water Resistant IP level of each facet of the drone.
The Phantom I was told has an Water Resistant IP Level rating of 64 percent , so we took it up to 80 percent and that is little bit better when that thunder cracks and the sky lights up.

Imagine having a basketball team and only 1 guy got better, that is for the most part a losing team.
It takes improvement on all levels of the drone to make it an all weather drone.

You have Rain, Snow - Sand and the Phantom Rain Suit is your best bet for reducing harm to your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Coal Approved Vendor.
second.gif

The best way to show you why this happens is to just demonstrate it using a brand new Phantom 4 Pro that i am setting up for a client. The firmware is set to : V01.04.0602 .

This can happen when shifting into sport mode.
This can happen when coming to a quick halt
This can happen when hitting something on impact
This can happen if you climb to fast or come down to fast.

They are falling out of the sky because hackers are constantly f’ing with the firmware and they’re forcing they sloppy beta update so fast that it’s screwing around. I’ve done mountains of research and I’m not even a victim of an incident like this

they brake in brushless motors by running them submerged under water.
in a bucket of water.

That's funny.

What is there to break-in?... bearings?

You must be confused.

That's funny.

What is there to break-in?... bearings?

You must be confused.

The point he was making was the Brushless motors are WATER PROOF:
Many people are confused about this . you can find several videos of those running the Brushless Motors under water.

DJI also uses the same Brushless Motor that are Water Proof not Water Resistant.
We make the Phantomrain Wet Suits for the Phantom and even though the Motors are Water Proof , we added protection so no water got inside the motor that would end up in the drone.

So his statement is supporting similar videos.

Reactions: Zsombi04
I'm well aware of their operating underwater.

It would be easy to just say so rather than conflating the issue with a non-existent break-in procedure.

Try that with a prop attached and the results will be quite different.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20