Why Phantoms sometime Fall out of the sky !

I might be in the minority here however I am struggling to understand why so so many are seemingly dirty on the OP for seeking to promote his product. Personally I have no need for a wetsuit, I see no artistic merit in water drops on the lens. I appreciate however that some users may have a need to get the shot at all costs and this product would be a great addition to their kit. I don’t fear being caught in the rain, absent water entering the lens barrel or light box (which would be a pain so thankfully an unlikely occurrence) a simple air drying and all will be good. If your not interested in the product great, don’t watch/read. It’s a free world in most places and last I checked the OP was an approved vendor here.

My P4P and 4 batteries may not be typical, but I can duplicate the slight movement of the battery, yet no way can applied pressure pop the battery out of place, but even depressing the release buttons the batteries require a bit of a pull to remove them.
We had the same experience with all 5 or are batteries that we just a bit loose but as long as both clips were in , everything was fine. The problem with the loose battery is that the rain within just seconds will dampen the battery because that is loose on the one side which is why when we flew the in the rain without the WET SUIT we had water inside the battery compartment after just 5 minutes .

The Wet Suit gave it that true seal we were looking for.

LOL so we got caught in a flash Rain out of nowhere , I was testing out the new firmware on the Phantom in 10 -15 mph winds over the garage and just like that the drone was beyond soaked, Completely caught me off guard. There was not a cloud in the sky, but that rain was serious.

Interesting notes: You would think an all red drone might be easier to see but in fact it is the contrast of the black and red that provides the most amount of visual in a bright sky. The all black drone looks similar to a bird in many of the shots we have taken ( but the red and black is a stunning visual.)

The Phantomrain Logo has just enough chrome in it to catch the sun light , very cool

Trauma 1 to the rescue:

Approved vendor:
Phantomrain.org
Trauma 1 webpost 12.jpg

Attachments

• collage truama 1 .jpg
    collage truama 1 .jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 318
You know what else looks neat: Check out the logo on the New Phantom Rain Trauma 1 :
It creates a nice flash in the sky when the sun hit it.
Is this guy for real? What a joke.

Is this guy for real? What a joke.

No its no joke, This 26 minute flight is no joke either as the Phantom Wet Suits give you the ability to negotiate rain like never before.
Phantomrain.org

No idea why everyone is hating on this. Is it a sale pitch? Sure. If the info still valid? Absolutely. Learned this the hard way when my battery rejected after stopping a backwards flight.

Battery info was good.
Don't know about the rest.

That is the most common way the battery ejects , when you stop in sport mode abruptly. The problem is when it happens there is no recovery and the drone drops out of the sky and totals the drone. DJI does not support that under the wing of a refund policy.

Someone else said they use a rubber band to keep it secure, which acknowledges that the battery can get ejected easy not just in sport mode.

Thanks for the support.

Coal Akida
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

YIKES , GREAT COMMENTS: I guess this needs to be said : NO ONE WANTS TO FLY THERE DRONE IN THE RAIN.

But for those of you who do fly your drone and just dont talk about flying it there is every chance that you can get caught in the rain.

There are those of you that use your drone to make money , to do inspections, roofs, towers , rivers, ships, farms, and sometimes it rains , you cannot always say that you will come back on a sunny day with no clouds in the sky. This is just not real life.

You have a lot of people that fly there Drones over the ocean and lake from there boat. We have seen it all to often as they try to hand catch the drone in the boat and it drops in the water, Panic sets in and the Drone sinks within mere seconds.

Hopefully this makes it more clear as to why the WET SUIT was created for the Phantom 4 Drones.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org
Coal
Here is another scenario, I live in Central Florida and I have seen it down pouring 300' from where I am standing in bright sunlight and no rain. I can envision someday being a mile away from my HP and have to fly through something like that to get back. May save the day and my P4P.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
My P4P and 4 batteries may not be typical, but I can duplicate the slight movement of the battery, yet no way can applied pressure pop the battery out of place, but even depressing the release buttons the batteries require a bit of a pull to remove them.

The slight movement is only concern for the rain getting in the drone so quickly into the battery compartment , that is why we developed the Wet Suit to seal the off giving much better resistance to the rain. From what we can tell and the Phantom 4 Pro they seem to all have the small amount of movement.

Biggest concern over rain is the motors. Specifically the bearings. This doesn't solve that. :/ Too many rain flights or too much water and a failing bearing will cause issues that will cause catastrophic failure.

We did some research with DJI on the motors and the IP water resistance rating on them. The Motors can actually run underwater if you were to just submerge them by themselves, but we still made them more water resistant as we just want to keep the water out anyway as that is what the Wet Suit id really designed for. The water in the battery is much more Catastrophic than the motors ever getting wet.

Brushless motors are brushless motors. Get water on the bearings and they'll fail in short order. Sure maybe they'll run "underwater" but at some point soon after the bearings will fail. It's simply how it works.

You might be underestimating the brushless motors as DJI made them as water resistant as possible and they dry really quick as they run at 96- 105 degrees . Knowing that they can take in water none the less that is exactly why we made the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

I too don't want to fly in the rain. I also don't want to out a wet suit on my bird. Have you thought of making a seal just for the battery?

they brake in brushless motors by running them submerged under water.
in a bucket of water.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl