Why doesn't DJI give you the cables you need?

It's a micro HDMI port. You'd need a cable like this one. I haven't tried one, but I'm assuming there isn't anything special about the HDMI cable that comes with the DJI Goggles.

Last edited:
<<<Shaking Head>>>> Too many HDMI connector configurations to keep up with...:confused::confused:

I recently bought the new DJI goggles. Very disappointed but that's another story. I have been trying to hook my goggles up with a mini HDMI from the controller. I now have about $50 in cables that all have the wrong end for the goggles. Can anyone give me a SIMPLE description of what I need. Someone had a cable posted on here from Amazon. $20. Of coarse when I got it it is the wrong size for the goggles. I've heard every thing from micro USB to a c connector to a c 1 connecter. None of this makes any since to me and so far none have been the right size. Can anyone help? Can you imagine if every time you bought a new appliance for your house you had to change all the wall plugs in your house to accommodate them. UGH!

I think I see what your trying to do... if you still haven’t got it to work it probably means you will have to spend the $100 for the remote hdmi module from Dji...

Reactions: Bermuda Sunset
Ouch, one would think that DJI would furnish the correct cable to connect their goggles to their remote controller!!!
Glad I learned that before I bought a set. Hope you find the correct one.
Jim
WA5TEF

They do. You don’t need to buy anything else with the goggles if you’re using it on the controllers.

I recently bought the new DJI goggles. Very disappointed but that's another story. I have been trying to hook my goggles up with a mini HDMI from the controller. I now have about $50 in cables that all have the wrong end for the goggles. Can anyone give me a SIMPLE description of what I need. Someone had a cable posted on here from Amazon. $20. Of coarse when I got it it is the wrong size for the goggles. I've heard every thing from micro USB to a c connector to a c 1 connecter. None of this makes any since to me and so far none have been the right size. Can anyone help? Can you imagine if every time you bought a new appliance for your house you had to change all the wall plugs in your house to accommodate them. UGH!

You don’t need any additional cables unless you’re trying to connect it to an external display and your goggles to the remote. Then you need the HDMI module that’s like $99 to do it.

Otherwise you just connect the usb cable from the controller right in to the goggles.
8cc52f20a21cda16c3c7fc38bad21eae.jpg

DJI Is a communist Chinese junk Dealer. That's why the cables are not right... they want your money..bottom line!

Welcome to reality sunshine!
The day you understand What a shady company that DJI is the better. They don't care... they don't have too.
$$$$ is what they want with a lot of rhetoric.

Welcome to reality sunshine!
The day you understand What a shady company that DJI is the better. They don't care... they don't have too.
$$$$ is what they want with a lot of rhetoric.

Typically Id agree with you, but in this case, incorrect. Since in this instance, they dont even sell an adapter or working cable for Part 54, I think they were more trying to accomodate the Inspire customers, who have a fullsize HDMI. I was frustrated to no end trying to use goggles with the P4P. Theyre best with the Mavic.

I bought the DJI Googles and this is what you need. I have the Phantom 4 with a HDMI Module on the controller. The cable that came with the googles has a full size HDMI male end that will not fit in the module. The picture is a fill size female HDMI on one end and a mini HDMI male on the other.

Attachments

• pic1JPG.jpg
    pic1JPG.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 292
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 274
Typically Id agree with you, but in this case, incorrect. Since in this instance, they dont even sell an adapter or working cable for Part 54, I think they were more trying to accomodate the Inspire customers, who have a fullsize HDMI. I was frustrated to no end trying to use goggles with the P4P. Theyre best with the Mavic.

You don't need any adapters to connect the goggles to your p4p. It takes one USB cable and that's it.

It's a basic USB-C cable I believe. The same ones that charge android type phones.

If you do not want to go the adapter route, you will need an HDMI-MINI to HDMI-MICRO cable. I had the exact same issue, and was rather disappointed that DJI could not supply the right cable to connect their goggles to their RC. It's like one division within DJI was not talking to the other. Here's the cable on amazon. ..

GeChic High Speed Mini-HDMI to Micro-HDMI 2.1m Cable for Cameras and 1303H/1303I/2501C/1502i Portable Monitor Amazon.com: GeChic High Speed Mini-HDMI to Micro-HDMI 2.1m Cable for Cameras and 1303H/1303I/2501C/1502i Portable Monitor: Computers & Accessories

You don't need any adapters to connect the goggles to your p4p. It takes one USB cable and that's it.

It's a basic USB-C cable I believe. The same ones that charge android type phones.

If you want a second display, the HDMI is required.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20