Why doesn't DJI give you the cables you need?

Reaction score
I recently bought the new DJI goggles. Very disappointed but that's another story. I have been trying to hook my goggles up with a mini HDMI from the controller. I now have about $50 in cables that all have the wrong end for the goggles. Can anyone give me a SIMPLE description of what I need. Someone had a cable posted on here from Amazon. $20. Of coarse when I got it it is the wrong size for the goggles. I've heard every thing from micro USB to a c connector to a c 1 connecter. None of this makes any since to me and so far none have been the right size. Can anyone help? Can you imagine if every time you bought a new appliance for your house you had to change all the wall plugs in your house to accommodate them. UGH!

I'm using this Afunta adapter. Connect the DJI Goggles HDMI cable to it and then connect the adapter to the HDMI Output Module.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantassimo
Ouch, one would think that DJI would furnish the correct cable to connect their goggles to their remote controller!!!
Glad I learned that before I bought a set. Hope you find the correct one.
Jim
WA5TEF

Not even close. Needs to have one end that's the same as an android phone charger and the other end a MINI HDMI.
If the adapter that @msinger is using is the correct adapter, then the cable I linked to is correct. Otherwise you are talking about an HDMI to mini-usb cable.

Ouch, one would think that DJI would furnish the correct cable to connect their goggles to their remote controller!!!
Glad I learned that before I bought a set. Hope you find the correct one.
Jim
WA5TEF
The cable for the goggles to the remote is the same as from a tablet to a remote. If you have updated your remote there is a mini HDMI out port. This allows you to run an HDMI signal separately to your goggles or even to a TV monitor while you still have control of the drone with your tablet. In other words someone else can wear the goggles while you can still see what's going on with your tablet.

If the adapter that @msinger is using is the correct adapter, then the cable I linked to is correct. Otherwise you are talking about an HDMI to mini-usb cable.
The adapter I posted above is correct (I use it with my DJI Goggles). The cable you posted is not compatible since it cannot be connected to the DJI Goggles.

The cable you posted is not compatible since it cannot be connected to the DJI Goggles.
Got it. Then I am assuming it is a mini-usb connector on the goggles?

I know NOTHING about all the cable jargon. lol All I know is the port on the controller is a mini HDMI . The port on the goggles is the same size as an Android phone charger plug. I have 3 cables here now that look very similar to the plug I need but none fit. The one you have pictured looks just like the one I already have that doesn't fit the goggles.

The adapter I posted above is correct (I use it with my DJI Goggles). The cable you posted is not compatible since it cannot be connected to the DJI Goggles.
So obviously I know little to nothing about these cables. So let me get this straight. You plug the adapter into the goggles. Then run a mini HDMI to mini HDMI cable from the adapter to the controller? Correct?

Got it. Then I am assuming it is a mini-usb connector on the goggles?
Here's the DJI Goggles HDMI cable:

DJI-Goggles-Cable-Ends.jpg

What would that DJI cable be called?
It's an HDMI to HDMI mini adapter.

Could I get something like that at a Best Buy or something or is that a DJI exclusive?
Perhaps. Check their website to see if they have any adapters in stock near you.

I was trying to hook it up to the port on the head band.
That's the port you want to use if you're connecting the DJI Goggles to the USB port on the remote controller.

It's an HDMI to HDMI mini adapter.

Perhaps. Check their website to see if they have any adapters in stock near you.
I was wondering what the cable from the goggles to the adapter was called. What size port is on the goggles? I just don't know what I'm asking for at the store.

What would that DJI cable be called? Could I get something like that at a Best Buy or something or is that a DJI exclusive?
That's an odd looking connector. It's not Mini HDMI or Micro USB. Most likely DJI Only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan