Why did this hsppen??

Yes...latest version. Know what I think happened? A blade failed...that was that noise I heard slapping the body right before it fell. I could be wrong but look at the pic... one blade is completely sheared off!

Yes...latest version. Know what I think happened? A blade failed...that was that noise I heard slapping the body right before it fell. I could be wrong but look at the pic... one blade is completely sheared off!

Another poster here (@Harleydude) has had similar blade failure problems - I wonder if there are some bad batches of props out there.

Disregard though - the log would have recorded the result of blade failure. That didn't cause the event.

My thoughts exactly. The red ones, are they third-party props, like WSX or similar?

My thoughts exactly. The red ones, are they third-party props, like WSX or similar?
They came with the package I bought on ebay...it came with 6 sets of props. It was to help me keep my direction. Guess I shouldn't have used them :(

Really?? How does that show in the logs

If the aircraft loses a prop then telemetry will show the resulting instability and fall to the ground - we've seen that many times. The log in your event simply stops mid-flight with no indication of any problem.

Hmmmm... so in your opinion what happened? I didn't hit anything and there were no warnings

Dji says its still under warranty... Should I be concerned that they are going to call it pilot error?

Hmmmm... so in your opinion what happened? I didn't hit anything and there were no warnings

The flight log (2018-05-13_[18-00-30]) strongly suggests sudden power loss, but without the aircraft DAT file it is not possible to confirm. Previous similar cases have been due to the battery not being securely latched or a power connection failure to the main board. This happened just one second after you centered the sticks from full throttle and full elevator, which caused a rapid positive pitch excursion, and so I would suspect a battery disconnect as the most likely hypothesis.

Dji says its still under warranty... Should I be concerned that they are going to call it pilot error?

That depends on what they find when they pull the DAT file from the aircraft. If they conclude that it was an improperly latched battery then they might call it pilot error. As I said - without the DAT file it's not possible to say.

But... Making sure the battery is securely latched is part of my start up. I don't take off without making sure I get the double click every single time! My checklist covers that as I have seen story after story on this same issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72