Hi I’m new to this . How do I post a discussion post ? I have a problem with my neighbor and was looking to ask people for help .

How do I post a discussion post ?
Find the appropriate forum here and click the maroon "Post New Thread" button at the top, right of the page.

It's tough. The OP is a brand new member here and really hasn't shown us he's a credible source of information. In his video, he even makes it seem as if he's taking a stab in the dark (as we all do in this forum).

I was told by some of my drone friends to be careful on this forum and they were right.

I am licensed sUAS Part 107 pilot who is very knowledgeable about DJI drones. I have a great following on both Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I direct messaged DJI on Twitter and they answered my questions. And I believe the reason they answered was due to my following.

And by the way I thought your “common folk” remark was way out of line.

You make the comment that I haven’t shown that I’m a credible source of information. If that were the case, how did I get 250 subscribers on my YouTube channel in one week and be asked to be in a podcast and a weekly video discussion about drones ?

My estimates are based on the knowledge I have available. I went to great lengths to put together a even more detailed and accurate spreadsheet for my own personal use.

I run several Facebook groups and value everyone’s opinion. I do not tolerate bullying, belittling, badgering, rudeness, or inappropriate remarks. Those are a sure way to get you blocked in those groups that I run.

I was hoping that I’d found a good forum where I could share and pick up knowledge without being chastised and criticized but with these kind of remarks I’m really doubtful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sixgun89
And by the way I thought your “common folk” remark was way out of line.
It's a fact that you're a brand new member of this forum and not a well known source of information for DJI products. I apologize if you thought I was attempting to bully, belittle, badger, be rude, make inappropriate remarks toward you, or attempt to discount your 250 YouTube subscribers. That was not my intention. I was simply explaining to @alokbhargava why I couldn't just blindly believe your every word.

As a professional, relatively new to drones, I’ve found this to be a good forum with some contributors who are very knowledgeable. For my part, I’ve tried to give back in the few areas where I have genuine expertise.

Bill: In response to your claims above - and I don’t wish to be rude, nor pick a fight - you seem far from convincing. My primary skill-set is psychological capability including psychological avoidance which commonly thwarts success.

Could I suggest as a starter that you work towards getting a better match between your video and audio if you’re wanting people to take you seriously?

I don’t know msinger, who made the “common folk” remark, but he is clearly one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on here when it comes to drones. But I do know my own 39 years’ experience as a successful business owner. If any leaks were going to be made by a company prior to a major release, they would be done so only to a handful of selected leading journalists - not to “common folk”.

If you translate Chinese, the original source material says 2nd quarter 2018.
Being so far out, that may just be an aspiration rather than something definite.
Hi there,
I can only suggest we wait and see. At 92 yrs of age I have all the time in the world.
Anyway Good luck Good health and good flying.
Big H.

DJI are waiting for the competitors to release something new and then they will.

There is no commercial sense to release another model when the existing one is dominating the market sector

I put forth that same idea. DJI, with their current lineup, is far in front of everyone else. I just don't see the need for them to rush anything out. I've been watching CES coverage, and I just don't see anything to push them. That folding Autel bird is probably good, but we will see how it does in the real world. A simple generation improvement of the Mavic Pro line will maintain DJI dominance.

Last edited:
A developed company like DJI (see photo) does not let loose sketches circulate on the internet.

Samsung does it all the time, and they are developed enough that they could buy DJI with what for them would be pocket change. Samsung's gross revenue is 177 billion dollars. DJI has not made that much money in its entire existence. The leaks are a long time tested marketing ploy to drive interest and see what the consumers want. The fact that we are talking about these leaks are proof that it is a strategy that works. It has been used by tech, automotove, and other businesses for longer than any of us have been alive. Ford did it it with the model A after the Model T. The whole idea of concept cars is just a more sophisticated extension of this practice.

So are you saying end of the line for the Phantom line of drones? They offer thr most bang for the buck in thier whole line up. Maybe too good for its own good?

I was hoping to see a P5 show up which would mean P4 pros at sub 1000 prices :)

I think the stability of the heavier Phantom line provides better quality pics than the Mavic line even if it had exact same sensor, so for those who want high quality airial photos at a reasonable price the Phantom line is still the way to go. For the ease of use and portability the Mavic line is better even if the pic quality is not quite as good. I hope there will remain a market for both.

I think there might be a phantom 5 that is totally new design and will place it self between the P4P and Inspire II.
Perhaps interchangeable lenses.

I think also DJI will release Inspire 3 this year and also that only using X7 lenses.

I think the Mavic Air should have been named Spark Pro. Especially if rumours is true will come with Mavic Pro 1 inch sensor. And I will be angry I did not see Mavic Pro coming and have to sell my Mavic Air that is on the way.

I have bought four Phantoms, one Inspire 1, one each of Mavic and Spark. And two Osmos. Still I hate DJIs terrible customer support and care. DJI NO CARE. If they want to be drones and cameras Apple. The also need to look at customer support to match their prices.

I value photography as much as video so thats why I will send my Mavic Air directly if DJI will make 1 inch Mavic Pro.

Here we are, it's almost 2019 and no P5. msinger was on target, the OP's credibility is demonstrated. Not trying to be mean here, just stating the obvious. No worries, I'm wrong about 3 or 4 times a day. Hah!

Well two things are for sure.

1. DJI has been out of stock on the P4 Vr 2.0 now for close to a month. All models, and right before Christmas.
2. There will be a product to replace the P4 sometime in the future.

DJI seems to front load the DJI store and back load the dealer channel.
However for them to still have no Vr 2.0's in stock for over a month does make you start to wonder.

Hope that whenever they do bring the next generation of Phantom to market that they:

1. Figure out a way to better stabilize the drone, as the Vr 2.0 has been a total disappointment for me.
It can't hold steady in hovering, almost always yawing to the right, and always yaws backwards after a
pan with the drone. Which makes video editing even more challenging. It also can't fly straight, always
wanting to push to the right. This after multiple calibrations of sticks, IMU.

2. Compass errors, when ever drone is moved from one physical location to a new one. Supposedly fixed
with the 1st firmware update to the Vr 2.0 but I still get the error, which requires recalibration to fix.

Paul C

Reactions: Rappahog
DJI has been out of stock on the P4 Vr 2.0 now for close to a month
According to DJI (via dronedj), they are having a problem getting parts from their manufacturer(s).

Hi Msinger, I saw that, but I do have to wonder if that's the case? If they can't get parts in over a month, then you have to wonder what their parts supply in the US repair centers is? If I am not mistaken right now you can't even get a P4 Advanced and the Store won't sell the P3 to US buyers, but they appear to have them in stock for other locations.

Plenty of P4' Vr 2.0 in B&H, Best Buy etc. But I still wonder if the store's lack of product is not due to a ramp up for a follow on? CES is coming in about 3 or so weeks? and DJI might announce then.

Anyone's guess.

Paul C

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav