What is the best large screened Android device for Phantom 3 and DJI GO?

Reaction score
So what is the best, large screened, Android device that works best for the Phantom 3 and DJI GO or Litchi?

I'm using 8.4" Tab S (wifi)
You can use the 10.1" version but you may have to do minor modification to the tablet holder.......I've read people say they just squeezed it in and it fits....at this point you will want to "rollback Google Play Services" on whatever device to have the best downlink and app stability. I did it....no biggie......works great. I used a note 2 on my phantom vision so at first 8.4" was super dope, but just today i was "dream" browsing craigslist looking at the 10.1", less than 10% chance I'll buy one but something to ponder.

The 10 inch ers start to get a little heavy but it's preference.

Nvidia shield is one of the best android devices.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirtdummy
We use a Nexus 10". Too big for default holder though. I use high tech rubber bands to keep it from falling off.

We use a Nexus 10". Too big for default holder though. I use high tech rubber bands to keep it from falling off.
A little modification to the upper part of the cradle and it works great. As manufactured, it wont hold any 10" tablet.

Nvidia Shield is the "Beast", "Dragkiller",...whatever....

It eats everything like peanuts.

Just my 2 cents here.. I use a Samsung Tab 10.1. The stock device holder that came with the RC doesn't fit this particular tablet, so I took a round file to it, and gouged out two indentations into it, just a little bit, and the tablet fit in there just fine.

Performance: Lag! Ugh! Once I cleaned-up and turned-off all the useless crap apps installed into it by T-Mo, or whomever, then rolled-back Google Play Services, turned off USB debugging, this thing works great.

Glare: Ugh! Glare on this thing is terrible. I just got some generic sunshade thing I ordered online, slapped a DJI decal on it, and there 'ya go! Coolness & functionality in one!

Weight: Yeah, it is noticeably heavier than anything else I've used, most notably my POS cell phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy Avant (works great with the DJI Go App, btw).

As far as the weight of this thing... well, don't freehand it. Get a lanyard, or a harness or something. Even for one flight, this tablet puts a severe strain on your neck. I wear lanyard from Drone Nerds that has a wide strap to it, and I can comfortably get about 2, maybe 3 flights while wearing it. Any flight times longer than that, I use a fake sheepskin seatbelt cover thing I picked-up at the dollar store. Works perfectly.

My suggestion is if you're going to fly for longer than that, and I've done 8 battery changes for one gig! - you might want to look at other mounting options like on a camera stand, or tripod.

Overall: This is a great tablet to use with this app. Is it the best one out there? Probably not. But, it works fine for me at the moment.
I'm assuming you meant turned USB Debugging ON

What are you talking about Shield 2?? It is only a rumor at this point. Nobody actually has one (unless perhaps you're an insider at Nvidia?).

NVIDIA Shield Tablet 2 rumors begin, packing an 8-core processor
The f*$k if i know....i just posted link comparing Tab S vs Shield 1....then i was told there's a new shield and old is not available, i then used a pc to calculate that the number 2 follows 1 (Sesame Street confirms that too). Then i figured if we're considering the latest and greatest might as well mention the Tab S2 .
My bad !

Has anyone used a Samsung Tab S2 10 inch?

I have a Tab 4 10.1 and it quickly overheats and freezes. My Galaxy Note 5 (and Note 3 before that) work great with only some lag problems when running at extreme (1000 meter) distances. I want to buy a new 10 inch range tablet that will be primarily for my P3P. Can't see going for a Quad core Nvidia when Octa core is on the horizon, but also think LTE connectivity will be a plus in the long run. I am leaning towards AT&T Tab S2 but really trying to take everything into consideration before I pull the trigger.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic