What is the best large screened Android device for Phantom 3 and DJI GO?

I already have a Note 5 so the S2 8 wasn't going to be much of a size upgrade - had to go with the 9.7. Got a taste of the bigger screen with my TAB 4 and couldn't get the full satisfaction after that, (And TAB 4 is just too slow to keep up with app)

Nvidia shield , nexus 9 or nexus 7 2nd gen are the best Android devices us my opinion. I use the nvidia and it also comes with hdmi output and gps. I will probably only use nvidia from here on out . Very happy customer! !

Ive got a 50" samsung 3d tv set up to mine its amazing although a little heavy to carry round!!o_O

The Nexus 8 maybe shown Sept 29th the Tablet may have some nice specs, everything is rumor right now,
but seeing it is only 12 days from this post you mite want to hold on pulling any triggers yet.
Again if your a Nexus 7 fan this is something we've been hoping for.
I don't know what I would do without My N7 2013 32GB.
Android Marshmallow Yum :)

I have a Galaxy Tab 4A 8"...it works okay, as long as I "factory reset" the tablet every 4 or 5 flights. I had a Lenovo A8-50 before the galaxy but it ran like crap with the Go App. I'm thinking about getting the nVidia or the Nexus soon...

Well, I have a Tab S 8.4, wifi + 4g, and it doesn't work well. At first I used it clean, only updated to Lollipop. Disabled everything I could.

DJI Go, manually installed, worked reasonably, sometimes it hung at startup.

Then I bought Litchi, had to start using the Playstore. (and the updates that came with it)

Litchi crashes (or starts working very very slow) after loading a 50 way point route.

DJI Go doesn't even connect to the Phantom, signal interference or something)

best regards,

You probably need to unauthorize the usb debugging for litchi. The same thing happened to me , it seems like android like having more than 1 app set for usb debugging

Has anyone used a Samsung Tab S2 10 inch?

I have a Tab 4 10.1 and it quickly overheats and freezes. My Galaxy Note 5 (and Note 3 before that) work great with only some lag problems when running at extreme (1000 meter) distances. I want to buy a new 10 inch range tablet that will be primarily for my P3P. Can't see going for a Quad core Nvidia when Octa core is on the horizon, but also think LTE connectivity will be a plus in the long run. I am leaning towards AT&T Tab S2 but really trying to take everything into consideration before I pull the trigger.

The Tab S2 is disappointing compared to the prior version from what I hear. No better performance and different screen aspect ratio.

There's a few android devices to use but I think because they're so many more android devices on the market and most are cheap pieces of junk that it seems like all android devices don't work well with the go app. And apple has only 4 or 5 devices total and they all work pretty well with the go app. So as long as you stick to the nvidia and nexus tablets you'll be fine. And from my experience samsung tablets are not very good either . There is also a couple other Android devices that work great as well but there's definitely only a small percentage of them that seems to be able to handle the go app.

I really like the NVIDIA SHIELD which is ideal and also has proper GPS which is great for the Follow Me mode.

+1 on the Nvidia Shield, seems to be rock solid with the new firmware update. Less lag. And with the added screen recorder, and gps you can't go wrong.

Guys is it the android device it's self that's the issue or the Go app for android?

Dave

I don't 100% agree with these posts ...I just joined like a week ago and have read almost every thread on this issue and it seems that BOTH tablets are experiencing the same crash issues ...is the lead platform for the DJI Go app iOS...yes...but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference....I'm using the S2 8 inch and had a crash once ...but I tried my wife's AIR 2 and it also crashed indoors as I was testing it...it's really milage may vary...I think personally android is the way to go because I don't want to go out and but another (4th) iPAD cellular just for my Phantom when I can get a decent android for about 1/2 the price ....my S2 non cellular was $299 (corporate discount) and the iPAD with cell was $599

Nvidia Shield is rock solid in performance, but it's a piece of crap with it's glary screen. Without a big hood and anti-glare screen, it is unusable on a nice Sunny day.

I also would't call 8 inches a big screen. 9-10 inches is big. That 1-2 extra inches make a huge difference.

Reactions: mrtibbs and dkyacht
I don't 100% agree with these posts ...I just joined like a week ago and have read almost every thread on this issue and it seems that BOTH tablets are experiencing the same crash issues ...is the lead platform for the DJI Go app iOS...yes...but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference....I'm using the S2 8 inch and had a crash once ...but I tried my wife's AIR 2 and it also crashed indoors as I was testing it...it's really milage may vary...I think personally android is the way to go because I don't want to go out and but another (4th) iPAD cellular just for my Phantom when I can get a decent android for about 1/2 the price ....my S2 non cellular was $299 (corporate discount) and the iPAD with cell was $599

Can you comment on the S2 lag if any as it compares to your wife's AIR 2 and also how is the S2 screen outdoors? Is it legible?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers