What DJI Got Wrong With the Phantom 4

Nothing has true zero latency. Not even on the ground.
They claim 0.1 latency. In my book it means 0 latency + I can talk about it, I use it on my S900 to transmit the feed from the GH4 to the Clients/Director 23"field monitor.
I can tell you, there is no latency. LB2 however is 50ms lag apparently.

He has,i have, but you don't see it.
The purpose of the camera for us is basically to see where we are going, it could be a far less quality video for all we non photographers could care!!! The only reason we use the phantom3 it's for its other attributes and not the video quality.
Do you understand what we are saying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Yes... Sure I understand. ;)

They claim 0.1 latency. In my book it means 0 latency + I can talk about it, I use it on my S900 to transmit the feed from the GH4 to the Clients/Director 23"field monitor.
I can tell you, there is no latency. LB2 however is 50ms lag apparently.
I can deal with 50ms latency as easy as .1.

You, or someone said true zero latency which doesn't even exist when I am speaking to someone who is standing right in front of me.

Even that isn't the best latency as the speed of light is faster than the speed of sound but I think we can agree that it's semantics. Who cares what the latency is as long as it doesn't bother.

50ms is .05 of a second. Are you telling me that you can descern the difference of .05 of a second vs .1 latency. Is that supposed to be in milliseconds?

What is .1 latency? You have no metric, just an amount.

For the sake of argument, let's say that your "true zero latency" device gets .1ms latency, that's .0001 seconds.

Are you saying you can tell the difference between .05 vs .0001 seconds?

So we realize how small both of those times are, here is a little real world test.

Anyone using an iPhone right now go to clock, then choose stop-watch and try to start the lap and stop it on .05.

If you can manage to stop it on .05 and you probably can't, that's the longer speed were talking about here.

I can deal with 50ms latency as easy as .1.

You, or someone said true zero latency which doesn't even exist when I am speaking to someone who is standing right in front of me.

Even that isn't the best latency as the speed of light is faster than the speed of sound but I think we can agree that it's semantics. Who cares what the latency is as long as it doesn't bother.

50ms is .05 of a second. Are you telling me that you can descern the difference of .05 of a second vs .1 latency. Is that supposed to be in milliseconds?

What is .1 latency? You have no metric, just an amount.

For the sake of argument, let's say that your "true zero latency" device gets .1ms latency, that's .0001 seconds.

Are you saying you can tell the difference between .05 vs .0001 seconds?

So we realize how small both of those times are, here is a little real world test.

Anyone using an iPhone right now go to clock, then choose stop-watch and try to start the lap and stop it on .05.

If you can manage to stop it on .05 and you probably can't, that's the longer speed were talking about here.
I never said that I could make the difference between 0.10ms and 50ms . Did I? I can actually.I thought I didn't need to add the units, I think it is obvious that we are talking about milliseconds here.
0 latency will never exist it is obvious but is it the argument? Lightbridge= 50ms . Amimon connex=0.1ms That makes it virtually at 0 latency.
Some real life tests have been made, you can see the difference, there's a video somewhere on Youtube. (It was Connex vs LB1 at the time)
Check this article that goes further in comparing them. Lightbridge 2 vs Amimon CONNEX | Heliguy INSIDER

Last edited:
I never said that I could make the difference between 0.10ms and 50ms . Did I? I thought I didn't need to add the units, I think it is obvious that we are talking about milliseconds here.
0 latency will never exist it is obvious but is it the argument? Lightbridge= 50ms . Amimon connex=0.1ms That makes it virtually at 0 latency.
Some real life tests have been made, you can see the difference, there's a video somewhere on Youtube. (It was Connex vs LB1 at the time)
Check this article that goes further in comparing them. Lightbridge 2 vs Amimon CONNEX | Heliguy INSIDER
I wasn't arguing, I was merely stating and making the claim that .1 vs 50ms is so small that it's unnoticeable.

I will read the article but I am on about LB2 which is supposed to be faster than LB1.

Certainly there are other faster proprietary wifi units but for teleketry and cameras in the air a mile away, lightbridge busted through a lot of walls at the price point to have such a fine wifi downlink on such cheap machines.

I'm interested in reading the article. Thanks.

I never said that I could make the difference between 0.10ms and 50ms . Did I? I can actually.I thought I didn't need to add the units, I think it is obvious that we are talking about milliseconds here.

Sorry to butt in here but amimon is 1ms and not 0.1ms.
Carry on

Sorry to butt in here but amimon is 1ms and not 0.1ms.
Carry on

**** it to hell! I want .1ms.

They are both pretty amazing reading it over. Frankly, just the world lightbridge for me is synonymous with good OTA wifi but that Aminon l, after reading the article you posted operates on the 5.8 rather than the 2.4 range and that is worth the price of admission as I never understood why LB doesn't. That is a big one although the Aminon is rated at a lower range than LB which is making me scratch my head.

The year will be interesting in air technology.

are you nuts a lot of people hand catch there phantoms prevents them from tipping over geez might want to look around forum half the people handcatch
...A lot of people do heroin too.. (A lot of people join FaceBook hhahah, had to, couldn't resist)
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Lb doesn't use 5.8 so that it can get longer range, right? The higher the frequency the shorter the range, right?

**** it to hell! I
want .1ms.

They are both pretty amazing reading it over. Frankly, just the world lightbridge for me is synonymous with good OTA wifi but that Aminon l, after reading the article you posted operates on the 5.8 rather than the 2.4 range and that is worth the price of admission as I never understood why LB doesn't. That is a big one although the Aminon is rated at a lower range than LB which is making me scratch my head.

The year will be interesting in air technology.

they could have used an aluminum mobile device holder like they did with the Inspire 1, I changed mine, It's much better

I can deal with 50ms latency as easy as 1.

I think we're all dealing with about a 200ms latency on average on P4 or P3. This is almost a quarter of a second. If you are flying in close proximity to objects, a quarter of a second can definitely hinder safety when flying FPV. LB1 at best is 150ms, averaging at about 200ms in my testing. LB2 claims 50ms, but I haven't measured that yet. An HDMI monitor will be a little faster, but you lose some of the telemetry info that many of us depend on.

You can measure your latency video if you have two cellphones. This simple process is described by me with photos in this thread.

Connex technology is a huge advance for those flying FPC, where every millisecond counts when flying 50 to 70mph. The luxury of a 1080P view through goggles while racing seems like the ultimate setup, but at a fairly steep price. As for range capability, Connex cannot compete with LB, stating 3000' range with the best Connex setup. However, for racing purposes you don't need the 2-3mi distance capabilities of LB.

Reactions: Jussaguy
You are assuming that all purchasers are photographers or interested in photography.
I bet if we did a study, you may be surprised.
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well... Study done! 73 answers during the week to the question :"What are you using your phantom for?": Over 90% of Phantom users on this forum use it for aerial imagery...
Which proves my point, as expected... You are in the 5% that use it for other purposes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31