What DJI Got Wrong With the Phantom 4

They weren't trying to save money on manufacturing, they were trying to make money on sales.

The cost of adding an HDMI out module is barely anything but they knew that the people wanting to use FPV glasses and people that use it for live things, would buy the HDMI output.

I'll take his desire a step farther and non only ask for HDMI output as part of the whole package when we get into P5 talking time, which were not IMO but when we do, HDMI with a 1080p output. Is light bridge 2 still 720?

It's gonna take some serious R&D to get whats from the bird to a live monitor source with not much latency but going forward, an HDMI output should definitely be a part of the controller and not an option. I agree with the point. Maybe not in the p3, and maybe not in the P4 but definitely in the P5.
Lightbridge 2 outputs at different resolutions including 1080p.
Again, entirely a matter of opinion and I have over a thousand miles of hard flying with extreme maneuvers and my shell is perfectly fine without any cracks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Not if you overload it as you said before.

There are people here that fly out 10 miles and back 10 miles, they have probably well over 1000 miles with heavy batteries, besides we, the ones who push the envelope do understand the stress we are putting on the p3 and do expect to be replacing parts,

Indeed you're right. It will do as high as 1080p 60fps and a litany of other resolutions downward and at different frame rates.

Can Lightbridge 2 be purchased and hooked up to a P4 and/or Inspire 1 V2?

EDIT: Oh, I see it comes with as a controller unit.

Hmm, I hope it comes with availability for the P4. It looks like it does.

I will sell my controller and buy that asap if possible.

As you say, 300 millions people, and 3 ideas that you know of... That's a lot. I don't want to mention that apparently for you the world is limited to north America... I've got news for you, there is a whole world outside, but not much more ways to use a P3, and it is not by installing flashing lights on it that will show an unbelievable proof of imagination. Oh yes! I should add the one lifting bottles of water... Anything a little bit more....sensible? A light show and a chainsaw? certainly not with a phantom this one I saw it too. So, other genius ideas?

The point is, which you refuse to listen to or open your mind to, is, that the P3 and many other drones and anything for that matter may be made for a particular purpose, but it doesn't have to be limited by anything but your imagination of which you seem to have very little. Good day to you sir.

Haha! Why are there so many arguments in the world? Life!

However, as an admin would say, we're veering off topic.
No, this place does NOT EVEN come close to representing life as to how people treat each other when they are face to face and if it represents yours (meaning anyone who is reading this), I would check my own behavior. Because myself, as a grown adult, my interactions with people on a daily basis is not even close to the stuff that gets flung around here like its nothing.

No, this place does NOT EVEN come close to representing life as to how people treat each other when they are face to face and if it represents yours (meaning anyone who is reading this), I would check my own behavior. Because myself, as a grown adult, my interactions with people on a daily basis is not even close to the stuff that gets flung around here like its nothing.

Simple, it is called keyboard bravery and behavior

The point is, which you refuse to listen to or open your mind to, is, that the P3 and many other drones and anything for that matter may be made for a particular purpose, but it doesn't have to be limited by anything but your imagination of which you seem to have very little. Good day to you sir.
The point is, you repeat that I don't have an open mind, but I'd like to read even 1 decent example of other purposefully usage of phantom 3 than the one based of the usage of the camera. I am ready to hear it but you have nothing to oppose to my statement. So ok then, if you have nothing to bring to the discussion, have a good day too.

Last edited:

And this is how it starts. You make a statement, I make one back, you disagree and we're off to the races. But, you are right, this is not face to face. So, what did you think about Drone Valley's rant on what DJI got wrong? Did you agree or not?

Indeed you're right. It will do as high as 1080p 60fps and a litany of other resolutions downward and at different frame rates.

Can Lightbridge 2 be purchased and hooked up to a P4 and/or Inspire 1 V2?

EDIT: Oh, I see it comes with as a controller unit.

Hmm, I hope it comes with availability for the P4. It looks like it does.

I will sell my controller and buy that asap if possible.
Why do you want to hook a LB2 to the phantom?

And this is how it starts. You make a statement, I make one back, you disagree and we're off to the races. But, you are right, this is not face to face. So, what did you think about Drone Valley's rant on what DJI got wrong? Did you agree or not?
Firstly, and most importantly, I don't think it was AT ALL OR IN ANY WAY provocative or controversial. Quite the opposite. I thought it was a dude, that took his time to make what was a pretty good looking video. Took the time so we could ingest what he was saying at a nice looking background that and shot himself on a blue/green screen to make it look nice for us and gave us what his opinion was. Exactly what a video blog should do.

I, like anything where 10 subjective things are said, agree with some and less with others but in general, I didn't feel like "NO WAY ON THAT". A couple I didn't totally disagree with but its people like him that get the things that I DO agree with, gets the discussion moving on those things and I appreciate him doing it. He took a lot of flack, I think really from 1 or maybe 2 people, and I for one know what that's like for doing something that was completely uncontroversial and yet people get their back up because like most things in this new world behind keyboards, people can't disagree nicely, they have to shout it with their fingers because they are probably introverted at home.

Why do you want to hook a LB2 to the phantom?
Because I do live events and when it comes to the flying machines, I am held back to the best there is which is LightBridge which returns a 720o 30fps when with LB2 I can get 1080p 60fps with a lower latency and stronger video feed. More reasons but that's number one.

At some of our live events, we shoot dual 4k video feeds but that can't happen with LB1.

They weren't trying to save money on manufacturing, they were trying to make money on sales.

The cost of adding an HDMI out module is barely anything but they knew that the people wanting to use FPV glasses and people that use it for live things, would buy the HDMI output.

I'll take his desire a step farther and non only ask for HDMI output as part of the whole package when we get into P5 talking time, which were not IMO but when we do, HDMI with a 1080p output. Is light bridge 2 still 720?

It's gonna take some serious R&D to get whats from the bird to a live monitor source with not much latency but going forward, an HDMI output should definitely be a part of the controller and not an option. I agree with the point. Maybe not in the p3, and maybe not in the P4 but definitely in the P5.

Hey Jussaguy, I hear you talking a lot about the lightbridge. I'm not sure but from what I thought, the lightbridge was used primarily for the Vision 2, or something like that and when the Phantom 3 came along it was incorporated into the P3 and no longer required as an add on. I'm not sure on that.

Firstly, and most importantly, I don't think it was AT ALL OR IN ANY WAY provocative or controversial. Quite the opposite. I thought it was a dude, that took his time to make what was a pretty good looking video. Took the time so we could ingest what he was saying at a nice looking background that and shot himself on a blue/green screen to make it look nice for us and gave us what his opinion was. Exactly what a video blog should do.

I, like anything where 10 subjective things are said, agree with some and less with others but in general, I didn't feel like "NO WAY ON THAT". A couple I didn't totally disagree with but its people like him that get the things that I DO agree with, gets the discussion moving on those things and I appreciate him doing it. He took a lot of flack, I think really from 1 or maybe 2 people, and I for one know what that's like for doing something that was completely uncontroversial and yet people get their back up because like most things in this new world behind keyboards, people can't disagree nicely, they have to shout it with their fingers because they are probably introverted at home.

Very well said, I agree, that is why I was upset at that other guy for jumping on him. I'm against that. Everybody has an opinion and are entirely welcome to their opinions and nobody should get upset about it.

Because I do live events and when it comes to the flying machines, I am held back to the best there is which is LightBridge which returns a 720o 30fps when with LB2 I can get 1080p 60fps with a lower latency and stronger video feed. More reasons but that's number one.

At some of our live events, we shoot dual 4k video feeds but that can't happen with LB1.
I have no idea if the LB2 could be installed. AFAIK it is compatible with A2, A3, and Wookong M,but a phantom... For an affordable 1080p transmitter with true 0 latency, you can have a look at the Amimon connex. but how to mount it on the P3/4? and feed it?
When you say you shoot dual 4K what does it mean 2 cameras? on the ground? and where are you sending the feed?

Hey Jussaguy, I hear you talking a lot about the lightbridge. I'm not sure but from what I thought, the lightbridge was used primarily for the Vision 2, or something like that and when the Phantom 3 came along it was incorporated into the P3 and no longer required as an add on. I'm not sure on that.
They all use lightbridge. DJI in their infinite wisdom when the P4 came out said something to the affect that the downlink was "based on Lightbridge" but it's lightbrige.

In a nutshell what LightBridge is essentially is a router that collects wifi data like a router from your bird, and using the "router" sends the information to you tablet (via a LAN hook up straight from the 'router' to the tab). This is better than just using straight wifi without a proprietary link that tells it what to show (telemetry, gimbal movement, etc). There are special devices for cameras on the ground that do this but for live video feeds from the air to the ground require a bit more technology to make it good looking and without latency because you are using wifi vs. bnc, sdi, rs232, or even USB because we have to do it over the air. The technologies for over the air video have been revolutionized by LightBridge and LB2 is even better. It's just a convenience for people that are on the ground (well a convenience might be selling it a little short) but for people that are doing something where they want that feed then and there, want the best possible feed they can get.

I have no idea if the LB2 could be installed. AFAIK it is compatible with A2, A3, and Wookong M,but a phantom... For an affordable 1080p transmitter with true 0 latency, you can have a look at the Amimon connex. but how to mount it on the P3/4? and feed it?
When you say you shoot dual 4K what does it mean 2 cameras? on the ground? and where are you sending the feed?
Nothing has true zero latency. Not even on the ground.

They all use lightbridge. DJI in their infinite wisdom when the P4 came out said something to the affect that the downlink was "based on Lightbridge" but it's lightbrige.

In a nutshell what LightBridge is essentially is a router that collects wifi data like a router from your bird, and using the "router" sends the information to you tablet. This is bette than just using straight wifi without a proprietary link that tells it what to show (telemetry, gimbal movement, etc). There are special devices for cameras on the ground that do this but for live video feeds from the air to the ground require a bit more technology to make it good looking and without latency because you are using wifi vs. bnc, sdi, rs232, or even USB because we have to do it over the air. The technologies for over the air video have been revolutionized by LightBridge and LB2 is even better. It's just a convenience for people that are on the ground (well a convenience might be selling it a little short) but for people that are doing something where they want that feed then and there, want the best possible feed they can get.

Got it and very interesting. I wasn't really sure what lightbridge was. Thanks for the explanation.

The point is, you repeat that I don't have an open mind, but I'd like to read even 1 decent example of other purposefully usage of phantom 3 than the one based of the usage of the camera. I am ready to hear it but you have nothing to oppose to my statement. So ok then, if you have nothing to bring to the discussion, have a good day too.

He has,i have, but you don't see it.
The purpose of the camera for us is basically to see where we are going, it could be a far less quality video for all we non photographers could care!!! The only reason we use the phantom3 it's for its other attributes and not the video quality.
Do you understand what we are saying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: NRJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor