What did I do wrong in editing?

Reaction score
I did this video for an Amish friend that wanted to see his parents farm from above. They also had some crop damage from a bear. The colors were peak and it was a beautiful day, When the rendering was done, I immediately went on YouTube. I viewed the video and it was blurry till the last 30 seconds. ( I just noticed, it pops in clear.) It's hard for me to tell, because my computer doesn't play the editor video smoothly. It looks clear on the raw footage.
I use Adobe photoshop Premiere 2018. Unless it's the program, don't suggest another editor. That's all my mind can handle and I been with Adobe for 7 years.

It seem to take time for You Tube to do the loading of the video. I went back to check and move the settings higher and things are much better. No blurry one to show you. The blurry one got better. Thanks everyone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Wow so many colours, yip I did notice it not like in proper focus till the end,,has anything changed since last flight ?I'm not sure on recording myself so do most with 1080,,try different setting and see if change,,can just hold drone powered on recording around you to see if it comes clear,,some clips I upload to utube do seem to lose quality,,I not know what I'm talking about so cant awnser why !
Sd card formats ok,USB cord ok,
Yogi bear still around,thought hes at Yellowstone,,,,ps,,,I sure editing was just fine ,

I would re upload it. Set it to private and and look at it. Something isn’t
right. I’ve never had good results with YouTube though most do.
See if doing that don’t fix it. If it does just delete the blurry one.

I did this video for an Amish friend that wanted to see his parents farm from above. They also had some crop damage from a bear. The colors were peak and it was a beautiful day, When the rendering was done, I immediately went on YouTube. I viewed the video and it was blurry till the last 30 seconds. ( I just noticed, it pops in clear.) It's hard for me to tell, because my computer doesn't play the editor video smoothly. It looks clear on the raw footage.
I use Adobe photoshop Premiere 2018. Unless it's the program, don't suggest another editor. That's all my mind can handle and I been with Adobe for 7 years.

Hi,

I loved your video - the autumn colours are wonderful.
I also saw a very blurry picture at first but then checked and found that YouTube had set a default low resolution 360P. To fix this just click on the 'gear' icon at the bottom of the YouTube screen and select the highest resolution that the device you are using can handle. I was viewing on my laptop so was able to view in 1080P Full HD and the sharpness looks normal to me.
All the best, Martin

The blurriness looks like the Jell-O effect caused by an unbalanced prop, but that does not explain the last 30 seconds where the video is crisp and clear. The video seemed to clear as you reduced altitude. Was it windy at the higher altitude?

Hi,

I loved your video - the autumn colours are wonderful.
I also saw a very blurry picture at first but then checked and found that YouTube had set a default low resolution 360P. To fix this just click on the 'gear' icon at the bottom of the YouTube screen and select the highest resolution that the device you are using can handle. I was viewing on my laptop so was able to view in 1080P Full HD and the sharpness looks normal to me.
All the best, Martin
Thanks, I'll check that. I need the help from others, because my mind can't handle all the tech stuff.

The blurriness looks like the Jell-O effect caused by an unbalanced prop, but that does not explain the last 30 seconds where the video is crisp and clear. The video seemed to clear as you reduced altitude. Was it windy at the higher altitude?
I think it was the calmest day I have ever flown. The wind turbines or the Amish windmills weren't turning. I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Love the low impact power plant in the background. Much more pleasing than smokestacks. Cough cough

Light winds, ya. Only one turbine spinning, on the hill.

Can’t help on edit as I’m still learning here myself. But appreciate the replies from those that know. Some day, hopefully, I can post something worthwhile.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Love the low impact power plant in the background. Much more pleasing than smokestacks. Cough cough

Can’t help on edit as I’m still learning here myself. But appreciate the replies from those that know. Some day, hopefully, I can post something worthwhile.
Just fly in a straight line. Keep it simple. Not all of us are film producers. LOL Some here, pretty much do that and I love seeing the areas that people fly.

It just takes a while for You Tube to load it up and it was set at a lower resolution. I was concerned that my shutter speed was too fast causing the jello effect. It was 120 and should have been 60.
I put a video on You Tube a couple of years ago in 4K that was so bad, I removed it a while after I put it on. It took me weeks of editing. I may have been too quick to remove it. I'm a slow learner.

I thought I would go ahead a make a comment of the wind turbines since we were discussing the issues in Florida on the another post. Florida power is the major operator/owners of the wind turbines in this and West Virginia area. The dead birds under these things would amaze you. The are built on the mountain top flyaways for migrating bird.

The video is great, well done. I would have loved to record those beautiful trees.
Thank you John. It sometimes hard to catch them at peak. One valley will be different from the next, or the top of the mountain different from the bottom. Even one day from the next. I have been driving around gathering footage while I can. I might be posting autumn videos through Christmas. Nah. Lol

I did this video for an Amish friend that wanted to see his parents farm from above. They also had some crop damage from a bear. The colors were peak and it was a beautiful day, When the rendering was done, I immediately went on YouTube.

You didn't preview it before you uploaded it? That is a mistake. I always preview my videos before uploading them.

I viewed the video and it was blurry till the last 30 seconds. ( I just noticed, it pops in clear.)

For me the video sharpens @ 11 seconds:

1603088489765.png

You either have a poor Internet connection or a moderate computer or both.

It's hard for me to tell, because my computer doesn't play the editor video smoothly. It looks clear on the raw footage.

Once you Export the video, view it outside the editing environment. Any piece of crap can play 1080p video. I have P4's running Windows XP that will play 1080p video.

I use Adobe photoshop Premiere 2018.

You mean Adobe Premier. Adobe Photoshop is another program altogether.

Unless it's the program, don't suggest another editor. That's all my mind can handle and I been with Adobe for 7 years.

Are you viewing the final video outside the editing environment?

It seem to take time for You Tube to do the loading of the video.

That is normal behind a slow Internet connection.

I went back to check and move the settings higher and things are much better. No blurry one to show you. The blurry one got better. Thanks everyone.

For me, no matter how many times I played the video, it didn't sharpen until 11 seconds.

D

Attachments

• 1603088468483.png
    1603088468483.png
    5 MB · Views: 179
You didn't preview it before you uploaded it? That is a mistake. I always preview my videos before uploading them.

For me the video sharpens @ 11 seconds:

View attachment 120402

You either have a poor Internet connection or a moderate computer or both.

Once you Export the video, view it outside the editing environment. Any piece of crap can play 1080p video. I have P4's running Windows XP that will play 1080p video.

You mean Adobe Premier. Adobe Photoshop is another program altogether.

Are you viewing the final video outside the editing environment?

That is normal behind a slow Internet connection.

For me, no matter how many times I played the video, it didn't sharpen until 11 seconds.

D
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll look into some of your suggestions. I have the cheap version of Adobe. I have a moderate computer and a slow internet. I was at a friend's house yesterday, he has a fantastic looking computer/ ham room. He couldn't play the video at 1080p. Slow internet. That's West Virginia.

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll look into some of your suggestions. I have the cheap version of Adobe. I have a moderate computer and a slow internet. I was at a friend's house yesterday, he has a fantastic looking computer/ ham room. He couldn't play the video at 1080p. Slow internet. That's West Virginia.

Serving up video is the most connection-heavy task you can do. So moderate Internet connections will net crappy results. That said, if you just wait before hitting the play button, this should give the video time to download. But this doesn't explain why the video doesn't sharpen on my machine until 11 seconds. Viewing the video BEFORE you upload it should net some clues. It may have gotten deprecated in the Export. Without previewing the Exported video on your computer outside the editing environment, you'll never know.

What does the Exported video look like on your computer?

If the video is blurring on THIS machine, it's gonna be blurry on any machine.

1603127667588.png

Below is a screen shot of the "leftover bandwidth," as I had 12 security cameras feeding live video to my computer while taking the bandwidth test. Normally download is about 240 Mbps.

1603127825332.png

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31