What do you think would happen if I flew in a thunderstorm?

Reaction score
There is a thunderstorm right now, I'm definitely not going to fly my drone in it, but I wonder what would happen if I flew a drone in a lightning storm. I wonder what kind of errors would come up. my fear would be that it would get struck out of the sky. I watched a Tom Scott video and it doesn't look like drones fare well with electricity surges.

There is a thunderstorm right now, I'm definitely not going to fly my drone in it, but I wonder what would happen if I flew a drone in a lightning storm. I wonder what kind of errors would come up. my fear would be that it would get struck out of the sky. I watched a Tom Scott video and it doesn't look like drones fare well with electricity surges.
Cool,yip I try get lighting pics but with aid of wetsuit,I not been struck yet only cause it chooses other objects so far,,,,either way I can see to the outcome might not be to good for avionics on board,,,this gif below was in a lab ,,I presume the strike killed it,,if flying real high the chances would be greater
drone_lightning_strike.gif

That's actually from the same Tom Scott video I watched!
Cool,yip I try get lighting pics but with aid of wetsuit,I not been struck yet only cause it chooses other objects so far,,,,either way I can see to the outcome might not be to good for avionics on board,,,this gif below was in a lab ,,I presume the strike killed it,,if flying real high the chances would be greaterView attachment 114789

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj