Waypoints in-flight recording on Litchi

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I have a couple of questions on how Litchi works with Waypoints recording. I mean flying the drone at-place, adjusting the gimbal and recording the waypoint there for you to come back later and do the mission.

1. Does Litchi record X,Y,Z parameters with "actual" altitude? I mean, if you take of from a different home point and execute the mission, will it go at the same spot or will it use the relative altitude (e.g. 30m) that it had compared to your initial home point when recorded?

2. After you record the waypoint, you may want to add curves in the mission. How does Litchi cope with the curve at a point that you've recorded before, since it won't be at the same place when passing by? Same altitude and gimbal angle, just different X,Y?

I hope the questions are clear enough, not sure!

PS: I'm flying a Phantom 4.

You do not need to fly the mission first with litchi it does not " record" anything the way you suggest. You plan your missions before you fly them. If I understood your questions correctly.

Also, altitudes are based on the home point. So if you fly the same mission with a different home point, say 50 feet above where you flew before, your would need to re-adjust the altitudes.

@PhaethonGr
Welcome to the Forum!
Keep in mind that if you are using curves, then a way-point is never reached. So any commands you set at way-points, will not happen.

Rod

Thanks for the replies, all of you.
I have read, however, that with the use of let's say the C1 shortcut button or by tapping the aircraft live position icon on screen, a Waypoint is recorded, along with the Gimbal setting. Is it something that doesn't work anymore or I've just misunderstood the concept?

Hum, I don't know, I have been making all my missions in the hub. I have tall timber around my house, I loose signal on almost every mission. :eek:

Did you see where you can set what the C1, C2, etc does?

Mission Hub - Litchi

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

It's actually right there on the key shortcuts menu. You can choose what the buttons do while on Waypoint missions. I am asking because I won't be able to do tests for the coming days, so if somebody knows it's gonna be a headstart for my own tests. If I manage to figure out myself, I will be replying to this topic for people to know.

"I am asking because I won't be able to do tests for the coming days"
Now you give us the full story. :rolleyes:

Yes, somebody knows, maybe I will give it a try when I get home. I got frustrated when I couldn't bring up the battery levels with short cuts like you can with the Go app. :confused:
I think others said you could.

Rod

Reactions: PhaethonGr
@PhaethonGr

Ok, just for you I tried this twice.
First time I forgot to save it, I closed the app to soon, because you get a repeating message form the app, "Warning Disconnected" If you shut of the Phantom or the Remote first.

I set the left button to mark aircraft way-point.
I flew in the P-Mode
I moved the gimbal before I saved each way-point.

This is what was saved the second time.
Mission Hub - Litchi
P3A

Rod

Alright, thank you so much! From what I'm seeing, the gimbal angle is not different at each position, so it was not recorded. The heading of the aircraft, though, seems to be recorded.
I'll keep you posted when I do my tests too!

Hum, I purposely changed the gimbal before I saved the way-point while flying, I did not make any changes in the hub.
I will look again, maybe try again tonight.

Rod

My understanding, based on the tests I've done so far, is that the points are recorded in relation to the home point. Which means that you've got to take of from the exact same spot (well, the starting altitude is the crucial one), in order for the mission to run as intended. The button method is indeed very useful and works. First go for a test flight, end up with the proper waypoints and directions and record with a button as you stand, by selecting the key shortcut to equal "waypoint at aircraft" (I've chosen the C1 button).

@PhaethonGr, Sorry wind and rain kept my from flying the next two nights, then of coarse I forgot. :rolleyes:

The missions I have been doing, I loose signal in about 2 mins on a 14 min flight. I'm kinda stuck on my setting my gimbal angle.
I want to program the position in a degrees and keep it fixed. But I need curved waypoints or the Phantom will come to stop at each waypoint (I have to take video anyway).

Right now I launch the mission, press record and adjust the gimbal when starts to waypoint#2, so its a guess until it returns and you watch the video.

I have two ideas at the moment.
#1 Run a 3 point mission to preset the gimbal angle, then start the mission I really want to do.
#2 Make template that the Phantom sits on before take off, and adjust the gimbal / camera to marks I set up on this template.

I just thought of another, maybe good enough and simple, use some fishing line on the landing gear diagonal, so I just adjust the camera at the same angle.

Crap, just tape a speed square or a protractor to the landing gear. :)

Rod

This is a fantastic way to make accurate missions. On the hub, you have to guess what's in the frame. With this method, you compose the shot at each waypoint. Do you have to be in a mission to do this? does it override the existing waypoints? Can someone do a step by step on this method please? Thanks very much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.