Litchi: possible to change flight speed at waypoints?

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
From previous posts, it seems that it used to be impossible to set up a Litchi mission for which the flight speed changes at waypoints (unless the drone remains connected). Is this still the case? I tried it, and the flight speed was the same for the entire flight. I would like to fly out to a target area at high speed, then slowly pass over the area in a search mode, and finally come back home at high speed. Is there a trick to make this work?

Your Phantom 4 Pro can indeed vary its speed in accordance with the speed settings you assign to each successive waypoint. If there is a large difference in speed between two consecutive waypoints, the drone may not reach its target speed due to inertia and momentum, but if you make those speed changes gradual, it should be possible for the drone to vary its speed to closely conform with the speed slider settings you assigned in the Litchi Mission Hub.

Since you are the lucky owner of a Phantom 4 that operates with DJI Go4 and NOT DJI Fly, your speed settings will be followed to the letter even if the drone flies beyond RC range, provided of course that the settings page had been used to pre-set the default action to "continue the mission" in the event of signal loss between the drone and the RC controller.

It is only camera TILT that will remain fixed when the drone flies out beyond RC signal reach, but if you get in the habit of pre-setting the camera gimbal downward tilt angle to say minus 15 degrees to see mostly the ground topped by a sliver of the skyline, then that minus 15 degrees will be maintained throughout the Litchi mission even if there is a signal discontinuity between the drone and the RC controller at any time. Of course, if the drone is constantly in range throughout the mission you can tilt the camera with the thumb wheel to any desired angle at any time.

Based on comments from other sources, it appears that changing the firmware might help. However, I'm going to leave well enough alone. Everything else is working fine. I don't want to change the firmware and risk introducing new problems.

Until july 2022 (Android litchi version 4.25.0) and November 2022 (iOS litchi version 2.14.3) Gimbal pitch changes and Speed changes during a waypoint mission were NOT possible when connection between the drone and controller was lost for DJI GO & GO4 drones.

With the Litchi versions mentioned above (and higher) it IS possible providing the firmware of the drone supports it.

Accurate info on Litchi's website:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic