Litchi questions

Reaction score
Relatively new user here...

I've had Litchi now for a week or so, and I feel comfortable using it but i've had a few things come up that I can't figure out;

1.) For the 'Actions' choice... I can't get Litchi to automatically record video. It just wont do it... I am using curved turns *later on* in the missions, but the first waypoint has no curves, so I assume it should be able to turn on the recorder? For example, if i have a mission circling my house, with 10 waypoints... I click on waypoints 2-10 and use a curve on those to make the path smooth. I set the first waypoint to sit still for 10 seconds, then start recording video, then fly the mission. It refuses to turn on the video capture every time. Everything else with waypoints seems to be working for me.

2.) For iOS vs. using a computer/PC to access the Mission Hub... It seems as though the iOS version/App version of Litchi has no support for showing the 'relative to the ground' feature? Whats going on there? Whenever I look at my missions I have created, on the iOS app it doesn't show the 'relative to the ground' adjustments at all. If I look up the same mission on my PC via the website, they are there, you see one cloud for the altitude you have chosen in yellow (Relative to the ground above the waypoint), plus one right next to it for the adjusted altitude, relative to your home position(in white). Seems like all of this should be shown on the app, too? Lastly- Based on the previous info, for the most part it seems like 'Above Ground' is just not an option for the iOS app, so best practice would be to ONLY create missions on the website/using a PC and then just double check the math/figures once you load the mission to the app?

Thanks in advance,

Hello @dtmbizzle and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Safe Flights!
Allen

First thing is, you can't mix straight and curved turns in a mission. It is one or the other. Not both.

You can move them, but have had bad experiences doing that.

I set the first waypoint to sit still for 10 seconds
A better answer would be, you can't "stay" and "start recording" at the same waypoint. The Hub won't even allow that. Sorry, a little slow here today.

A better answer would be, you can't "stay" and "start recording" at the same waypoint. The Hub won't even allow that. Sorry, a little slow here today.

Aha. That's interesting, thnx a ton... Bottom line, i can just hit record whenever, and learning the whole 'post-production' process is a whole other ballgame I am trying to learn too but that's another story. I am just going to chaulk it up to 'Pay attention and hit the record button on your own, dummy' :) I feel like the curves really make for a lot smoother video overall so I will just stick with that. I does let me enter the two Actions tho... So on my Waypoint it lets me add/enter both "STAY" and "START RECORDING" without any error messages? Again, no big deal Im just curious as a new user;

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 332
It would be just as easy to add a very near waypoint with only the "start recording" action. Just another note, when you use the stop and start recording functions, don't do them too quickly together. It takes a moment to write the previous video to the SD card. Do it too quickly and it wont record.

I've got a bi-weekly mission and the very first waypoint actions are:

Stay for 2s
Start Recording

the last waypoint actions are:
Stay for 2s
Stop Recording

As far as I know this has worked every time for the last 6 weeks. I just looked at Mission Hub and sure enough Waypoint 1 Actions start

Stay for 2s
Start Recording

I won't be back on the jobsite for 2 more weeks (just flew it Saturday) but I'll probably copy and past the mission to a local area and test it for this one purpose tomorrow.

Bottom line, i can just hit record whenever,

I've not used it lately (this particular function) but at one time there was a setting on the App itself to "Automatically Start Recording" when the mission started. Well before any waypoint actions etc.

I'll check into it when I get home tonight and see if it's still in there some where.

Yes, you can start recording when the mission starts as BigA107 previously stated.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl