Waypoint Question

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE help me out here? I tried a waypoint mission today it went up to the height that I need but when it started on its mission it was going the way it was supposed to but the hole time it just spun around and around. what did I do wrong I checked the mission before I started and it was to focus on waypoint 1 how can it focus on waypoint 1 while it is spinning in a circle
PLEASE HELP

A few things people will need to help you figure this out:

1) AC is flying normal other than this mission?
2) How many satellites?
3) Any warnings? Compass? GPS?
4) Litchi or Go?
5) Android or iOS?
6) Was video recording? Can you upload it somewhere?

A few things people will need to help you figure this out:

1) AC is flying normal other than this mission?
2) How many satellites?
3) Any warnings? Compass? GPS?
4) Litchi or Go?
5) Android or iOS?
6) Was video recording? Can you upload it somewhere?
Litchi,Not recording,Fly's great When not in waypoin, 12 Satellites,NO Warnings,IOS

From what I have been reading recently on various forums, there was an update to Litchi for IOS that is creating some serious problems. Litchi is waiting on DJI for a fix to the APK. I would not fly with Litchi for now.

I have 34 waypoints in a mile and half round trip. Is that to many? This will be my longest trip so far. I'm kicking it out of the nest.

From what I have been reading recently on various forums, there was an update to Litchi for IOS that is creating some serious problems. Litchi is waiting on DJI for a fix to the APK. I would not fly with Litchi for now.
Guess mite as well put it away DJI's app is messing up too but that is nothing new. They have been having problems with firmware from what I have been reading.( with DJI's )

I have been using Litchi 1.19.0 on iOS 11.1.2 with no problem at all. Both waypoints and FPV modes.

Last edited:
I have 34 waypoints in a mile and half round trip. Is that to many? This will be my longest trip so far. I'm kicking it out of the nest.
Not too many unless you're stopping along the way. The key is to complete the mission before your battery drains.

If I come across the Litchi issues again, I'll post link to the thread back here. At least two people have crashed their drones if I recall. IOS only.

I haven't updated Litchi on my iOS device for quite some time and firstly had a disconnect event (no camera view) followed by a log out event restricting my height/distance. Litchi advised, as you have noted that this is a fault with DJI and requires either a FW or APK update. Funny thing is I later deleted the app, logged back in and away it went again. I've flown over 50 missions with never an issue and this naturally occurred when I was providing some aerial footage for a local golf club in front a bunch of people who were quite excited to see a drone for the first time and see what the course looked like from above. And it would naturally follow that I had no wifi or mobile coverage at the time to reload the app and log in.....

I haven't updated Litchi on my iOS device for quite some time and firstly had a disconnect event (no camera view) followed by a log out event restricting my height/distance. Litchi advised, as you have noted that this is a fault with DJI and requires either a FW or APK update. Funny thing is I later deleted the app, logged back in and away it went again. I've flown over 50 missions with never an issue and this naturally occurred when I was providing some aerial footage for a local golf club in front a bunch of people who were quite excited to see a drone for the first time and see what the course looked like from above. And it would naturally follow that I had no wifi or mobile coverage at the time to reload the app and log in.....
I remember that thread. I felt so bad for you.

I'm sticking with Go for now. No problems running it. I've had a couple of hiccups with Litchi though I'm confident I'll get comfortable again. Just need to plan some new missions and let it redeem itself.

Someone else recently mentioned their AC was spinning. I'll see if I can find it but I don't recall a solution had been found. I "think" they deleted the mission and re-created it from scratch IIRC.

I remember that thread. I felt so bad for you.

I'm sticking with Go for now. No problems running it. I've had a couple of hiccups with Litchi though I'm confident I'll get comfortable again. Just need to plan some new missions and let it redeem itself.
Cheers, I'm over the embarrassment and have had a couple of trouble free missions and panos with Litchi since that event but keeping the drone within view until my confidence is back is the short term plan.

Reactions: Samuraiz
Yes I redid the mission just in case I missed something. I'm going to give it another try today. If it don't work today it will be a little while before I can fly. It's only going to get into the upper 20's and 30's for next couple of days.

It’s not a Litchi or other software problem. No need to delete and re-do the mission. In the mission settings, you’ve most likely accidentally set the rotation setting to manual instead of managed.

I did the same thing once, flying around a pier. I had somehow changed from managed to manual in the rotation setting. It followed the planned route but spun in circles. Scared the $(/;! out of me until I went back and checked every single setting and found the problem.

Last edited:
Not too many unless you're stopping along the way. The key is to complete the mission before your battery drains.

If I come across the Litchi issues again, I'll post link to the thread back here. At least two people have crashed their drones if I recall. IOS only.
Remember that if your settings say “straight lines” instead of “curved”, it will briefly stop at each waypoint, adding to the time of the mission. The stopping/starting is NOT calculated into the estimated mission time. If you’re set to “curved”, it won’t stop at the waypoints (it only flies NEAR them) so the estimated time will be pretty close.

Reactions: LarBear360
Good to know. I will have to check my settings. Thanks on both posts. I know I have it set for straight lines I will have to change that. You may have just saved me from having to take a walk in woods and look for my bird.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl