Waypoint Question

Good to know. I will have to check my settings. Thanks on both posts. I know I have it set for straight lines I will have to change that. You may have just saved me from having to take a walk in woods and look for my bird.
If you’re shooting video, the curved path is great. If you’re shooting pics, you’ll HAVE to use straight lines. This is because any actions that you program at a waypoint (e.g., “Take photo”) will only occur if the Phantom actually goes to the waypoint. In curved paths, it never actually reaches the waypoint, it curves around/past it so no actions will occur.

Also of note, if you’re using POIs to point the camera, be aware that while the Phantom will point in the right direction, the gimbal angle (how much the camera is pointing up or down) will only function if you’re connected. If you’re disconnected during the flight, it will still complete the mission and the camera will point in the right direction of the POI (compass wise) but it will not point up or down as necessary to aim at the POI. This is a limitation of the DJI SDK and not something Litchi can fix.

If you’re shooting video, the curved path is great. If you’re shooting pics, you’ll HAVE to use straight lines. This is because any actions that you program at a waypoint (e.g., “Take photo”) will only occur if the Phantom actually goes to the waypoint. In curved paths, it never actually reaches the waypoint, it curves around/past it so no actions will occur.

Also of note, if you’re using POIs to point the camera, be aware that while the Phantom will point in the right direction, the gimbal angle (how much the camera is pointing up or down) will only function if you’re connected. If you’re disconnected during the flight, it will still complete the mission and the camera will point in the right direction of the POI (compass wise) but it will not point up or down as necessary to aim at the POI. This is a limitation of the DJI SDK and not something Litchi can fix.

Well, even with good RC connections, the gimble will on occasion librate abruptly on approaching new POIs. I was told the bug has been fixed. But last checked, on iOS Litchi version 1.19.0, the problem still exists.

Well, even with good RC connections, the gimble will on occasion librate abruptly on approaching new POIs. I was told the bug has been fixed. But last checked, on iOS Litchi version 1.19.0, the problem still exists.
That’s weird. I haven’t experienced that. I’ll have to do some experimentation with several waypoints. Or maybe my old P3S is just so rock solid that nothing phases her. ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
If it is pointed at the POI will it finish taking video of the POI as long as I have it pointed that way?
It will continue on whatever camera setting (POI) it was set on when you lose control signal. Once the signal is restored it will change to whatever other actions you have set with your camera settings for the rest of the mission.

It will continue on whatever camera setting (POI) it was set on when you lose control signal. Once the signal is restored it will change to whatever other actions you have set with your camera settings for the rest of the mission.
Okay thanks that’s what I thought.

I have seen this happen (spinning) with a P3P on a DJI waypoint mission. I ran the mission again and it happend at exactly the same waypoint.
I found that if two waypoints are very close together and the aircraft has to climb really steeply, then it cannot hold its heading. It can be simulated in manual by climbing with the left stick fully forward for a period of time. The aircraft cannot hold its heading.

I have seen this happen (spinning) with a P3P on a DJI waypoint mission. I ran the mission again and it happend at exactly the same waypoint.
I found that if two waypoints are very close together and the aircraft has to climb really steeply, then it cannot hold its heading. It can be simulated in manual by climbing with the left stick fully forward for a period of time. The aircraft cannot hold its heading.
Thanks Big A i think I might have it but I wont be able to find out till I can get a good day to try it. I had it on manage in steed of manual or vice versa.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
I had same problem..Everything worked except way point missions..I finally deleted all the missions.Then I made New ones and it worked..Don't know why but try it..I lost a drone flying litchi..Didn't realize that waypoints had drone descending and going backwards.I'm pretty sure it shut my motors off.Litchi said there app won't do that.Well it did.Showed the telemetry it just dropped.Into water not recovered.Litchi said must of hit something..I used that waypoint mission a dozen times and only thing I changed was two waypoints..They we're the down and backwards focusing on poi..So carefully plan them..lol..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga