Warranty question

Reaction score
I purchased this Phantom 4 Adv 1.5 months ago. Ever since the beginning I keep getting a camera/gimbal drop with an error that tells me the Gimbal roll reached movement limit. I use this for business and it's ruined alot of panos, orbits and waypoint missions, dropping and shaking, then returning to normal. It takes flying the same mission several times to get a clear cut.
If it's only 1.5 months in, will DJI repair and replace? I've heard it takes a month at minimum. Do they offer a replacement or a way to continue with another drone while they repair?

Is this normal for the Phantom?

84499-394cc1ae17094241e20fb89ea12580a8.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1169.PNG
    IMG_1169.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
I never talk to DJI, I want things in writing, and DJI is reasonably quick at replying to their online help portal. I suggest you explain what your problem through their online help repair portable. Give them as much information as possible, don't leave anything out, keep emotional words out of the dialog, and provide video online of examples of what the gimbal is doing that's out of the ordinary. You need to make an "open and shut case" so the reader has no option but to grant warranty repair. The goal is to answer EVERY question you can anticipate so they don't delay things by asking you a question, back and forth.

Ask them for a prepaid label to return for warranty repair. Being so new, if the craft looks like new they might replace it. However I sent my pristine P4P in and they just replaced the camera/gimbal assembly for a vibration that was easy to duplicate, and not normal. It works fine now. Most of my warranty returns (4 of them) have taken 9 to 15 days, but I live 30mi from DJI Cerritos. 3 of my 4 returns resulted in DJI replacing the craft with a brand new one. One took 3wks because I had to argue with them, then they replaced the craft (Mavic).

Question, can you explain what you mean by "camera/gimbal drop"? Are you referring when the gimbal flips up, then returns down? Usually the "camera flip" happens when flying fast or in high wind, and turning left. It's been noted that if you have OA enabled which limits you to about 30mph, the "gimbal flip" problem is reduced to almost never happening. But in S mode, flying fast, and turning left, it happens a lot to a lot of pilots.

Have you calibrated the gimbal?

Reactions: K Henry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl