Phantom 4 Compass Calibration issue

Reaction score
Every time I hold my p4 on the side for the compass calibration the gimbal starts making a weird noise and a message pops up on my device saying, "gimbal roll reached movement limit".
I was wondering if this is normal when compass calibrating my p4
If not, any suggestions on how to fix this?
my friend is having the same issue with his p4

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello, welcome!

Kindly share screenshot/picture of screen or short video so we have more details. No doubt you will get reply if normal or not.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you first press the compass calibration button on DJI Go app then gimbal should not make noise during movements.

If you first press the compass calibration button on DJI Go app then gimbal should not make noise during movements.

when I press the compass calibration button on the app and start the calibration, it makes the same noise and a message pops up saying, " gimbal roll reached movement limit"

when I press the compass calibration button on the app and start the calibration, it makes the same noise and a message pops up saying, " gimbal roll reached movement limit"

Something seriously wrong with your app. Try to install it on another device and try.

Compass calibration, make sure your are away from metals, first upright turn 360 , just hold the craft by the rear legs and turn 360 with your body using your feet, the lights will change flashing pattern (yellow) once all around, then point camera facing the ground (down) not side and turn 360 same way, once around the rear lights will go green, That's it your calibrated. If you still have a problem it may be something else.
Every time I hold my p4 on the side for the compass calibration the gimbal starts making a weird noise and a message pops up on my device saying, "gimbal roll reached movement limit".
I was wondering if this is normal when compass calibrating my p4
If not, any suggestions on how to fix this?
my friend is having the same issue with his p4

Thanks

Last edited:
I think the query here is that when instructed to do a compass calibration the gimbal still operates trying to level itself out when doing the nose down calibration.
Mine did the same this morning too.
Are other people finding their gimbal is put into hibernate before they commence a compass calibration?

Which GO app version or diagram used ? With some Android version or documentation an incorrect picture is displayed for second step. Gimbal should not fight if correct movements done.

Here you can see gimbal makes noise depending movement:
Gimbal Noise During Compass Calibration

Please follow Erised's recommendation !

Last edited:
Yes ignore second picture in GO App I too noticed this and Gimbal did the same. However Pointing down does not cause the issue. DJI Support confirmed the correct way is CAMERA DOWN (NOT SIDEWAYS).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik