VR Goggles

Reaction score
About to buy a pair of VR goggles and it came down to these two for me. But now that I'm looking at them on Amazon, they look to be the very close to the same except for the company logo. If you look real close the stitching on the leather is a bit different, and there a very small tab on top to open the front that only one has. But besides these very little differences, they look identical. Anyone that has either of these care to comment?

BlitzWolf VR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJSKID...colid=6X623K85H5BK&coliid=INAYWRRDM2OTE&psc=1

VersionTech 360 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQ82XV...UTF8&colid=6X623K85H5BK&coliid=I3RFYUU831BSNQ

I recently got a pair of Samsung Gear VR goggles that came with a Father's Day promotion when my daughter upgraded her phone. I've flown via Litchi with them, but had to bypass the plugin so they didn't go into "oculus" mode that Samsung has as their platform.
The one thing I'm seeing missing from these that you linked to is an external control if you want to use it for something other than flying. I'm looking for a second pair, too....put am looking at the models that have the bluetooth remote or something built in. Just my 2 cents worth...

I'd like to hear from others as well. Thanks!

I have the BlitzWolf. OK for YouTube VR, not for FPV if that is what you are planning on using them for.
Why do you say not so good as a FPV. What issue did you have, what didn't you like as a FPV goggle.

Why do you say not so good as a FPV. What issue did you have, what didn't you like as a FPV goggle.
They are designed to use a cell phone to produce a 3d VR picture by focusing on two different, slightly offset, parts of the screen, similar to the way the 3d glasses work at the movie theater. It might work out if you can find software that will convert the signal coming in from the controller, but then you have the problem of how to use the screen controls when they are physically inside the goggles. Already tried it myself. Haven't found the software yet that will do it.

They are designed to use a cell phone to produce a 3d VR picture by focusing on two different, slightly offset, parts of the screen, similar to the way the 3d glasses work at the movie theater. It might work out if you can find software that will convert the signal coming in from the controller, but then you have the problem of how to use the screen controls when they are physically inside the goggles. Already tried it myself. Haven't found the software yet that will do it.
Litchi flight app.

Yeah, heard about that, haven't tried it yet. Still have the issue of screen controls, though.
The only two things I can think of that I would need to touch the screen would be to record / photo and RTH. If I had a adv/ pro model could use a control switch to record, so with the P3S I guess you just won't record when using goggles. And the RTH can be done with the S2 switch with the standard. Worst case scenario you can just take off your goggles and exit VR mode with two screen touchs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

One of the reason I bought P3 4K is to try using it with the VR Box, a cheap VR google that I got for $6 in the internet. I had to purchase the Litchi app. Still trying to adjust but since I bought the 4K that came with a better RC, I found that I can use the C1/2 button to assign switching between VR and mobile phone camera so I can look at Phantom position from where I stand. I have some problems like the no video signal (even though I'm just 30m away from the drone). Still tweaking.

Also, you can set Litchi to auto-record upon takeoff so you don't have to worry about starting a recording and then switching to VR mode and popping the headset on. While there is no way to set C1 or C2 to snap a photo (I doubt this will ever be an option due to hardware/software limitations of the Standard platform), FPV is not really conducive to snapping stills so that's not really an issue for me.

FPV is--at least for me--more about fun, not setting up great shots. Sure, the Phantom isn't as adept at FPV as micros I have built and flown with FatSharks prior getting out of that scene, but it's still fun as heck with the big bird!

Last edited:
Also, you can set Litchi to auto-record upon takeoff so you don't have to worry about starting a recording and then switching to VR mode and popping the headset on.

FPV is--at least for me--more about fun, not setting up great shots. Sure, the Phantom isn't as adept at FPV as micros I have built and flown with FatSharks prior getting out of that scene, but it's still fun as heck with the big bird!

+1
I couldn't use GO primarily because it didn't have auto record.
I think that about FPV too, i see it as a separate thing to photography flying. I always use a screen for that, and the VR goggles for playing.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj